Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first call from my luecs. They are a little over a year old. I was so excited needless to say. I was back and forth on the sex of the frog, but now I know it is a male. Could hardly hear it through the closed vivarium. The only reason that I knew it was calling was because I saw it. With the viv open I can hear it easily though. Hopefully the other luec is a female.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Awesome, ive been listening to my bandeds call for a few weeks now. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And good luck to you. I don't think the other frog is mature yet, or is another male. It is smaller than the male I saw calling. Lets hope we both get eggs in the near future.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congrats! (I had the same story, except my geckos were calling. Not darts.) My leucs are still froglets. I have 7 to increase the chances of getting a pair or two.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats! (I had the same story, except my geckos were calling. Not darts.) My leucs are still froglets. I have 7 to increase the chances of getting a pair or two.
Yeah if I could do it all over again I would have started out with at least 5 froglets.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah. I have a few tads and froglets. Im hoping I'll get at least one pair. By the way, do you like monitors? I looked at your name varanoid.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congrats, Varanoid. I used to sit for hours using a recorder to play back the call to my first male leucomelas. It was so much fun! Those were the good old days for sure (now I have lots of males and they call back to each other and don't need me around).

Good luck with the female, Richard.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My male leuc just called for the first time about a week ago and I was excited to say the least. He is only about 8 months oow (maybe a little older) and I wasn't expecting to hear any calling for a while. I heard a noise and thought a katydid or something was outside my window. Since that first call he has been calling a bunch of times every day and each time is as great as the last. Congrats on your calling male.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah. I have a few tads and froglets. Im hoping I'll get at least one pair. By the way, do you like monitors? I looked at your name varanoid.
Yes I do like monitors though I no longer keep them. When I started my first email account, I wanted to include what, at the time were my favorite animals. Varanids which are monitor lizards and boids which include boas and pythons. varanids and boids = varanoid.

Congrats, Varanoid. I used to sit for hours using a recorder to play back the call to my first male leucomelas. It was so much fun! Those were the good old days for sure (now I have lots of males and they call back to each other and don't need me around).

Good luck with the female, Richard.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who gets fixated on my tank and plays frog calls. My roomates think I'm nuts. As for the female, I'm not sure its female at all. Hopefully it is one, but who knows. I'll wait a while and if I don't get eggs then I'll be in the market for a confirmed female. Will I have any difficulty locating a muture adult female should that be the root I decide to go?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes I do like monitors though I no longer keep them. When I started my first email account, I wanted to include what, at the time were my favorite animals. Varanids which are monitor lizards and boids which include boas and pythons. varanids and boids = varanoid.
Sweet. As you can see in my name, I am wild about savannahs. I will probably get a nile soon. I like boids too, but monitors I like better.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who gets fixated on my tank and plays frog calls. My roomates think I'm nuts. As for the female, I'm not sure its female at all. Hopefully it is one, but who knows. I'll wait a while and if I don't get eggs then I'll be in the market for a confirmed female. Will I have any difficulty locating a muture adult female should that be the root I decide to go?
It probably shouldn't be a problem to find one mature female leucomelas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No Matter how many times I hear Calling...its always super special. I see it as the frog's way of saying "I'm so happppppyyyyyyy". Even my kids will note which male and say "Dad, your frog #2 wants babies again!"

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No Matter how many times I hear Calling...its always super special. I see it as the frog's way of saying "I'm so happppppyyyyyyy". Even my kids will note which male and say "Dad, your frog #2 wants babies again!"
yeah I take it as I must be doing something right! Now I just need a female. Thanks for the lead SavannaZilla.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My new alarm clock Every morning my 2 orange terribilis males wake me up to callings from the amazons!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts