Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've been reading and reading posts on here for a couple months. I am new to dart frogs but had frogs (whites tree frogs) as a kid. Fast forward more than 15 years and I'm getting into the hobby. I purchased an 18x18x24 zoo med terrarium. I've begun construction on a vivarium with a water feature that I plan to have drop from driftwood into a small pond area or a column of egg cate with screen and gravel to allow quick and easy drainage into my false bottom. Either option should allow access to add remove water when needed. If I do the drainage column, I plan to make it semi permanent to allow me to move it depending on changing water movement with algae growth or saturated wood changing flow direction or strength. I have read countless posts about not doing a water feature but I really enjoy the look and sound as much as the frogs. I created an egg crate column to access my pump and plumbing in the expected event of failure. My background will house a box created from egg crate housing two fans, one pulling air into the box from inside the vivarium and the other pushing air into the tank. I want to have a fair amount of internal air circulation without the problems of drying out the environment. My only ventilation will be the vents in the front at the bottom and a strip of screen along the back in my modified lid the zoo med came with. I had a piece of glass made for the top that leaves a 2 inch strip across the back. If needed I can use extra glass to make that strip smaller should the vent be too large. I'm debating a misting system because I'm fairly certain I can keep it properly humid with daily misting and the water feature. The background is made from GS foam and tite bond with coco fiber. I would love feed back. Especially ideas on frogs to house. I would like a frog that will use the height but still have some size and personality. Thumbs are amazing but I'm hesitant because of their small size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts