Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I make custom bioactive enclosures for my geckos and picked up an exo-terra 18x18x12 cheap. I currently have it set up as a bioactive greenhouse for my plants and one isopod colony so I can keep my plants and moss growing until the next build is done.
Since I spray it down twice a day just like my gecko enclosures to keep the moss thriving I was wondering if a dart or two could do well in the enclosure. I’ve been on these boards a bit because the information on building custom enclosures is amazing, but I’ve never had dart frogs. Are there any small grown dwelling that would do well in it? Aside from adding a water dish what else would be needed? I’ll be feeding fruit flies when I get my newest geckos so I’ll be adding that to my repertoire, there’s around 30-40 isopods currently in the enclosure at all sizes and stages.
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Plant Pet supply Organism Aquatic plant Rectangle

Flower Plant Leaf Houseplant Flowerpot

·
Registered
A 1.0.1 pair of dentrabates tink azerus, a 0.0.2 pair of aruatus green and bronze and a 1.1 pair of
117 Posts
I make custom bioactive enclosures for my geckos and picked up an exo-terra 18x18x12 cheap. I currently have it set up as a bioactive greenhouse for my plants and one isopod colony so I can keep my plants and moss growing until the next build is done.
Since I spray it down twice a day just like my gecko enclosures to keep the moss thriving I was wondering if a dart or two could do well in the enclosure. I’ve been on these boards a bit because the information on building custom enclosures is amazing, but I’ve never had dart frogs. Are there any small grown dwelling that would do well in it? Aside from adding a water dish what else would be needed? I’ll be feeding fruit flies when I get my newest geckos so I’ll be adding that to my repertoire, there’s around 30-40 isopods currently in the enclosure at all sizes and stages.
View attachment 308386
View attachment 308387
I'm sorry to tell you but no dart frog/frogs could go into a 18x18x12 darts need some vertical space the minimum is a 18 inch cube and the smaller species usually are ophaga and ranotomeya wich tend to be a more advanced for a dart frog keeper and all Genius need their specific needs it does look like a nice tank though what dart did you have in mind?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I don't mean this to sound like a lecture. That is completely not how I mean it. I just feel like it ought to be stated. I often see "I build this. What can I keep in it." posts. While it is not the worst idea in the world. It is kinda backwards. You really ought to pick a species you are interested in and choose the enclosure and build out to the best of your ability with that animal's needs in mind.

That being said if you removed the moss and added leaf litter you could probably grow out some dart froglets in there until they are big enough to go into their adult enclosure. I would keep them in a smaller temp container to make sure everyone was eating and strong first though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
View attachment 308386
View attachment 308387
That's a pretty enclosure. The lack of a background makes it seem more 'inviting'. It also means you've got more available floor space than the average dart frog terrarium.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts