Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know of a commerically-produced 15g vert tank (12x12x24) that would be suitable for PDFs? From searching, it seems like folks sometimes make them from aquariums using conversion kits, but I'm wondering if there is one that is ready-to-go.

EDIT: would also be interested for conversion kit recommendations!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure exo terra and zoo med makes a 12×12×24. I think they have them marketed as a paludarium.
Thanks! Yeah think I actually saw that somewhere, I just wish that the door plastic wasn't so obstructive in the middle of the tank (would probably look fine if building an actual paludarium though)

Most people on here wouldn't recommend anything less than an 18x18x24 for a pair of darts
That's fair, I haven't been very active here lately. I'll have to take that into consideration. Looking at some other posts it looks like the new recommendation is minimum 18x18x24 for a pair of thumbs?
I have been successfully keeping a pair of R. Imitator in a 12x12x18, so I do feel that the extra height of a 15g vert could be a nice expansion without increasing footprint size.

·
Administrator
6,492 Posts
I use some of the ZooMed 12 x 12 x 24s for growouts, and one for a pair of imitators. Imi pairs do even better in InSitus; if I could fit another one in, I would.

Yes, the bottom of the door frame on those 12 x 12 x 24s is way too high and looks absolutely terrible. Also, if you go with this size viv get the Exo version -- ZooMed build quality is poor (silicone is bad in general, and one of mine randomly sprung a leak just recently) and the single door is a huge mistake. Also, there isn't enough lip on the top to set an acrylic/glass insert on top of the screen securely. I bought mine during the pandemic when nothing else was available, and wish I would have waited for Exos to be in stock.

·
Registered
A 1.0.1 pair of dentrabates tink azerus, a 0.0.2 pair of aruatus green and bronze and a 1.1 pair of
98 Posts
I use some of the ZooMed 12 x 12 x 24s for growouts, and one for a pair of imitators. Imi pairs do even better in InSitus; if I could fit another one in, I would.

Yes, the bottom of the door frame on those 12 x 12 x 24s is way too high and looks absolutely terrible. Also, if you go with this size viv get the Exo version -- ZooMed build quality is poor (silicone is bad in general, and one of mine randomly sprung a leak just recently) and the single door is a huge mistake. Also, there isn't enough lip on the top to set an acrylic/glass insert on top of the screen securely. I bought mine during the pandemic when nothing else was available, and wish I would have waited for Exos to be in stock.
Same I’ve had a lot of problems with zoomed tanks I had a 12x12x18 as a quarantine tank for a pair of ratitomeya fantastica and it ended up leaking and when I noticed everything was soaked and I had to tear it apart and the mesh screen at the top of the tank would always break and the only thing I had on top was some plexi glass to keep in humidity

1 - 7 of 7 Posts