Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently finished a 150 gal vivarium with some easy, simple features. My husband did the plumbing and his explanation follows:

The first pix shows the inflow/outflow pvc pipes inside the hood. Beneath the screen and glass, the pvc goes straight down behind the cork background, then makes a 45 degree turn at the bottom toward the middle of the tank. On the floor of the tank, the outflow pipe has a Y piece of PVC which is connected to pieces of clear hosing. The two hoses lines lead to each piece of driftwood where the water exits and flows down the wood into the pond. The inflow pipe is open for the water to recirculate.

The 2nd and 3rd pix shows the back of the tank where the inflow/outflow pipes exit the hood. The top of the pvc pipes look kinda funny, but it was done that way for priming the pump. Each pipe has a removable cap where water can be added. The clear hosing connected to the pvc go to the external pump beneath the tank in a bucket. There is an extra piece of hose that splits off from one of the other hoses and isn't connected on one end - this is used for draining the tank. The black flex hose toward the middle of the tank connects the humidifier to a pvc pipe located inside the hood.

Pix 4 shows the pipe for the humidifier inside the hood, where the entry hole just happens to be in the middle of the hood and is over glass. The pipe runs horizontal just past the glass, then down and back inside the tank. From there, it goes about halfway down the back between the glass and background and then T's off to each end of the tank. The pipe has several outlets along the length for emitting the cool mist. We drilled holes in the cork over the outlets and covered them with black screen to hide the pipe.

The 5th pix shows the external pump in a bucket. The pump is a Mag Drive Model 2, 250gph.

The 6th pix is the humidifier sitting next to the pump in the bucket.

Bonus - the 7th pix shows the tank without the air movement system.

thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Kristi... Beautiful tank! I didn't want to post this on the other forum about mixing because I am a noob and I don't want to hear that same bashing... I got tired of reading all that same stuff over and over... I have been reading and trying to learn all I can for about a year now... I know that I have read SO many posts on here about NOT mixing tanks that I as a noob am actually afraid to ask questions because of the responses I KNOW I will get... I would like to ask your opinion on something, if that would be alright with you...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts