Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I am getting close to finishing construction of my 15 gallon vert ( future home of three intermedius ) and am trying to decide whether I should add a fan in the top corner or not. The tank has a vent along the top but not sure if this will provide adequate air movement. Anyone who has built a 10/15/20 gallon vert before did you have fans if so do you think they were necessary?

Thanks,
Nathan

P.S. if you haven't already, visit my thread about the android app I am writing and leave some suggestions for a name / icon / anything else you think would make it awesome!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another question, I think I remember reading that when attacking a vert kit you should use a different type of silicon that the usual ge or dap windows and doors stuff. Is that true and if so what do you recommend.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just going to bump this thread. Will be ready to install the vert kit tonight so want to make sure I shouldn't be using anything other than regular silicon to hold it in.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I will pass on the fan for now and see how the tank does without it for a few weeks, then maybe add one.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have a 10g vert and it is fine with no fan just the screen. Also some people use aquarium silicon for there verts but the ge2 works just fine for me no leaks so far. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts