Dendroboard banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
This is the new 15 gallon invert I just set up for my vents. Heres some info.
Tank: 15 gallon long, with FCA insert.
Light and Hood: Peace of the Tropics
Plants and Cork: Peace of the Tropics
Frogs (D. Ventrimaculatus): Scott MacDonald
I began by trimming down the large piece of cork for back, and then siliconing it to the back. After a day or two I began foaming around the cork, using Handi-Foam Black (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... 2728&Nty=1). Foaming took 2 days. After that I spent three or four days putting on the coco fiber and patching it up. The plants came this weekend, and so I began putting them in with broms first. I silicone them in by the stolons, and then held them in place for 24 hours with paper clips. The rest of the plants went in, and then I monitered it for a day. Enjoy, and feel free to ask questions.

Whole tank shot
C:\Documents and Settings\Jordan Benjamin\My Documents\My Pictures\Dart frogs\Vent Tank (and vents)
The adjustable vent
C:\Documents and Settings\Jordan Benjamin\My Documents\My Pictures\Dart frogs\Vent Tank (and vents)
Upper tank
Lower tank
Awesome Plant
Begonia Strawberry
One happy Frog (shot with Flash)
Another Happy one (no flash)
Top Left Tank (Dischidia Bengalensis on right)
A Better Bottom Shot
Be sure to silicone along here, and about 3 or 4 inches up the sides to prevent leaking

Jordan

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
We can't do it because the pitures are on your C-drive. If you want, upload them into your gallery (on Dendroboard) and then I can do it for you....

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. There were some other good shots I wanted to put in but it says i have no more space in my dendroboard file. Oh well. I'll try to put them on later.

Here's some more. First shot with flash.

Funky Plant.

Jordan

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
VERY NICE, it was worth the wait. I like the door as well, good clean look. I'm starting to lean towards the cork background for my next vivs, I really like the look :D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Isn't that geen plant in the top center of your tank a Pilea depressa (a ground cover)? It looks like the same thing I just bought at http://www.peaceofthetropics.com ? If it is, you might plant that in your substrate and put in a creeping fig or something else to replace that spot.

edit--- I just read on-line that they can be planted exactly how you have it so nevermind :D :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
The cork with the foam borders looks very natural. It looks almost as if it's imprinted into something, and the tier is a nice touch. When you say insert, does that mean you took an FCA acrylic tank and placed it inside a standard glass tank? I know it probably says somewhere in the FCA thread but I didn't read it for a couple days and completely lost track :? . How many vents are going in?

Dustin

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I just added mine to my viv about a week ago. It drooped for the first day or so but now it is growing strong in a coco bedding/orchid bark substrate (with false-bottom). Ask me again in another week or two because it is now in high humidity. I hope it likes it becuase I really like the plant...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
joker555 said:
The cork with the foam borders looks very natural. It looks almost as if it's imprinted into something, and the tier is a nice touch. When you say insert, does that mean you took an FCA acrylic tank and placed it inside a standard glass tank? I know it probably says somewhere in the FCA thread but I didn't read it for a couple days and completely lost track :? . How many vents are going in?

Dustin
Hi,
By insert I mean that I took a standard 15 gallon long, then put in a acrylic insert for the front. http://www.firstclassaquatics.com/vivarium.htm
The tank has four vents in it. The pilea seems to be doing good and growing, all i'm doing is providing good drainage. Thanks for all the comments!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts