Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've decided to try my hand at DIY construction of a Euro viv. Overall I am pretty pleased with the viv and it was relatively easy to get together. It will house a pair of phelsuma klemmeri (there 12x12x12 exo terra just seemed too small)

Here are the pics, I hope to have the background done early next week. I have not had a chance to remove the duck tape yet:eek:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally finished the viv here are some shots.

And one of one of the inhabitants.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
glass is 1/8th of an inch thick.

Vent is constructed very similar to that of the sticky on euro vivs in parts and construction.

The black trim is from the rim of an old aquarium cut to fit the vent.

I'll see if I can find measurements for the whole viv..

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Few pics from tonight. I have seen what seems to be some mating behavior :D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Awesome picture of the klemmeri, the colors really are quite brilliant.

I was wondering, I didnt see any screen on top. I have bred L. williamsi before and I know they require UVB light. Do klemmeri need UVB as well or can you supplement enough to not require it?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have read differing opinions on whether or not they need UVB. I plan to give them access to it as I feel it will be benefitial.

If you check the first picture you can see where the screen area is now near the middle of the top piece of glass. The UVB will shine onto the basking spot of bamboo.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have read differing opinions on whether or not they need UVB. I plan to give them access to it as I feel it will be benefitial.

If you check the first picture you can see where the screen area is now near the middle of the top piece of glass. The UVB will shine onto the basking spot of bamboo.

man you sure can, Sorry about that I didn't see the opening in the top of the tank. Just wanted to make sure, it would be a shame to have it all grown in and have to move the geckos because of the lack of UVB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts