Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished installing a 138g Marty Made vivarium for a client, designed to house her pair of crested geckos. That's one lucky pair of crested geckos!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Sweet to see it finally finished. It looks great! Now do we get that construction journal on how to make those fake rocks?? ;)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Very nice! So what do you think of those cages for PDF's? How's the qualitiy?

How did you do the sides and background to look like rocks?

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

Expect a build journal in the next week on the fake rock technique. It's time consuming, but it really looks good.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice! So what do you think of those cages for PDF's? How's the qualitiy?
I really like Marty Made tanks - the quality is great! There is a small gap between the sliding front doors that is probably large enough for thumbs or froglets to get out. It's easily fixed with a bit of cut weather stripping.

·
Registered
791 Posts
It's nice to see a reptile vivarium, it's one of the biggest frontiers that we need to colonize IMO. Right now it seems most people other than us throw in some coco bark, a heat lamp, and some plastic plants then call it a day. Kudos for such a nice tank!

PS: Marty made=made by someone named Marty? Where might I find... Marty

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PS: Marty made=made by someone named Marty? Where might I find... Marty
Marty has a business out of Detroit, MI, and supplies them to local pet shops and sells them at reptile shows. He's great at doing custom sizes - he recently built me 20 small front-opening tanks that fit 4 to a 4' baker's rack shelf. Very clean looking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Beast is finally finished! We both probably inhaled/ingested a pound of pink foam dust while building this!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I guess that means we were covered in pixie guts... definitely worth the final product though! It turned out beautifully.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Your rocks rock! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts