Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nicely done, I think it looks pretty cool! Happen to have any build pics? Or would you be able to describe how you made it? I'm hoping to do something similar for my newest tank. What background material did you use for the roots? I like the dark coloration

·
Registered
708 Posts
That looks awesome. Very natural. I'd like to see the construction as well of you have pictures handy.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty much same kinda concept as Raf's tank made it with pvc and nylon rope. The roots on the side walls sticking out have wire in them to hold the shape. I used a mixture of Ace acrylic bonder,grout and coco fiber In main spots and the side roots were silicone and cocofiber with some of the mixture brushed on. didn't take any build pics but I have some projects coming up ill take some build pics for ya guys.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Background looks amazing.....Will look awesome when it grows in.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Pretty much same kinda concept as Raf's tank made it with pvc and nylon rope. The roots on the side walls sticking out have wire in them to hold the shape. I used a mixture of Ace acrylic bonder,grout and coco fiber In main spots and the side roots were silicone and cocofiber with some of the mixture brushed on. didn't take any build pics but I have some projects coming up ill take some build pics for ya guys.
I know thats where you got the concept from. Raf's tank is the greatest. Im going to try it too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is the same size as the viv I brought a while back but have yet to work on...your build has inspired me to make some progress. How long would you say it took you to the back ground?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is the same size as the viv I brought a while back but have yet to work on...your build has inspired me to make some progress. How long would you say it took you to the back ground?
Id say maybe like 5-6 hours? not straight tho. just had to do multible coats of mixture. and I also added some more roots after the last pics i posted

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya i explained earlier but its just nylon rop with wire to hold the shape, then silicone and coco fiber, than brushed grout and acrylic binder with cocofiber on it. and the roots on the glass are just greatstuff foam.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looks great! Thanks for showing

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dizzle21,
Thanks for the response. Now I know how long I will need to go "missing in the basement" when construction starts :).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts