Dendroboard banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I had to move the whole thing inside cause its been raining lately. So I set it up in a spot I like and ran the water for a while. My drain cover gets clogged pretty easily and over a few hours the pump will run dry. Im going to make a different style cover.

I haven't added pvc glue yet so obviously the pipes leak a little. But only a slow drip surprisingly.

Kinda been broke so once i have the funds ill do another round of coir to patch some spots. Im up to 12 tubes of silicone on that thing. thats about $75 :rolleyes:
here are some pix

Any thoughts on plants and locations? i dont know what im going to put in the pots yet so any suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't tell from the pics, do you have baffles in your sump? If you use a couple baffles they could trap detritus quite effectively. This would allow you to use something like gutter guard for your drain cover. It would keep most fish/animals aside from tiny little things, from going down the drain but allow sufficient drainage. No more pump running dry.

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
@amnesia: no not in these pics
But I didnt like my sump idea so ive made a proper sump with a few baffles and a filter. thanks for the idea. I think gutter guard might work pretty nicely... pics soon

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is awesome! Definitely giving me some ideas for the 125 I just picked up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ive been working on the stand. The main tank background is done. Ill be putting it all together tonight. Here are the pix of the stand. I sanded what will be visible then stained and varnished it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the good words everyone.
I finished the stand and ran the pump over a weekend and ended up frying a pump. the drain wasn't wide enough. I widened it to 1.5 inches and that fixed the problem. I also added "river sand" from the local fish store. It makes a huge difference I'm really happy with it. The only problem i have now is its so fogged up i cant see inside. I'm thinking about drilling a bunch of little holes at the top or something. any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Added Zoo Med Eco Earth Compressed Coconut Fiber Substrate, a pitcher plant to eat nats, and 3 firebelly toads

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
more pix for you ....... my roomate works on ponds. he gave me some hardy water lilly sprouts

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
more pix. My roomates gf put a pacman in with the firebelly toads. A gift. Im no idiot i know what would happen. But the funny thing is i had to rescue the pac man lol. It couldnt get out of the water in time to not be humped by the toads. I pulled it out and returned it for store credit :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
lol thanks grimm..
the airplants I got from my friend @ forestairplants on ebay are the best. This is the 4th time ive bought from them. Very cool vendor, just search for them on ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
:) the airplants I got from my friend @ forestairplants on ebay are the best. This is the 4th time ive bought from them. Very cool vendor, just search for them on ebay :)

I concur I too have bought from this ebay seller and WOW excelent price and selections I will buy from again soon!!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts