Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo it starts today...Tearing my 120G freshwater fish tank down pulling all the plants,Driftwood,fish, sand,and water out today..>However i have neat things growing on my driftwood such as java moss and Java fern that im tubing(because its to wide to fit in smaller than 20" wide tank) and having water circulate to keep it alive with some lighting. My plants are going in a smaller 20g for now with fish till i sell or some family wants it.

So things i already have from past little vivs and fish keeping :

120G reef drilled on either end in the 4ft length.(Which i will be drilling lower down to mod into a underground filter system with my 33g sump below.

Mist king System with timer
Egg crate still kicking around
T5 Lighting from a saltwater setup im gonna convert.
Terrarium peat block.
Pumps for water return out the ying yang to be decided which one i use lol.

will post some pics shortly!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Couple pictures of it in the take down...New canopy will be built I think and a Glass top i have to get cut and holes pre drilled for misting system. Here comes the fun part :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well did a little bit and got my side pcs all cut to the right width so now just need to cut length and attach it and put a finer screen on and gravel it up. Drilled my overflows down lower And gotta layout my Side walls. It will look like something yet!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well did a bit more...Gotta wait for the fiber to dry for the silicone more..>Got a little excited and of course got the not sticking issue so will let it dry out a day or 2 and then go in with more silicone and attack it right but I got the water running (In a closed loop behind the overflows and just circulating underneath. SO i could go without a water fall and have constant water rotating without anyone ever knowing :)

Will be adding some more wood on one side for sure and plants/soil soon to come :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
wow i love that tank setup and your just starting! I really really like the driftwood look, i have done many driftwood designs in my discus aquariums! And the little river in the middle is a great touch!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another bit of stuff done and got the water started (Need to situate the hose and glue it down and hide it and then Clean my face off on glass and the water portion...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts