Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
looks good. I also would like to know what do you cut the foam with :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
he probably uses a file for a lot of it. nice tank!

Reactions: WeeNe858

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its actually just 2 layers of watered down grout, an acrylic paint job, and a seal of Minwax acrylic.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I can't wait to get it planted and seeded! :D

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I will follow along as well.
looking nice so far. that grapewood might mold tho

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I "treated" the grape vine with the good ol' silicone and coco fiber but not before I wrapped some sisal rope around it. The details of the vines (sisal) didn't come out as good as if I made them separate but it definitively saved me some time.

Its planted with 2 orchids, creeping fig, a red vein fittonia, and a jewel orchid cutting. Letting this one grow in and handing it off to the girlfriend to keep for a few months.

Now that this lil' cube is done. Off to finish my 125 gallon! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
So I "treated" the grape vine with the good ol' silicone and coco fiber but not before I wrapped some sisal rope around it. The details of the vines (sisal) didn't come out as good as if I made them separate but it definitively saved me some time.

Its planted with 2 orchids, creeping fig, a red vein fittonia, and a jewel orchid cutting. Letting this one grow in and handing it off to the girlfriend to keep for a few months.

Now that this lil' cube is done. Off to finish my 125 gallon! :D
it's looking great :D

Reactions: WeeNe858

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys!

B-Nice, that kit is ok for foam but it really is just a regular motor that you can attach parts too. its worth the 10 dollars but nothing more than that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts