Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two 10g tanks lying around collecting dust and I'm trying to decide if I should build another tank. The problem is, I want to get a pair of frogs larger than thumbnails (I currently have 2 varaderos), but I'm not sure what species pair would have enough space in either a vertical or horizontal 10 gallon setup. Any recommendations? This is not the typical "what should I put in here" thread where you attach a gazillion pictures of your tank and hope for the best ideas from everyone. This is simply a "what pair of frogs, larger than a thumbnail, works in a 10 gallon tank?" I don't want to waste time and money building the tank, only to find out that I'm limited to thumbnails, when what I want is a larger frog (leucs or something).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
While it is always recommended to go as large as you can, there are plenty of hobbyist having success with 10g tanks. I personally would not advise housing anymore than a pair of the larger more terrestrial frogs in a 10. Go horizontal and really plan it out so that your hardscaping and planting adds to the usable space of the tank. Good luck, have fun and post some pictures of the build!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts