Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a heated argument my 1st viv a 10G was kicked over. Substrate everywhere. Moss destroyed plant messed up. It had a water feature too.The BG creeping fig and the brom on the backwall survived the attack. Here's the original viv. 1st pic. 2nd pic has the black jungle live tropical moss. I got rid of the water feature. I put a plant in the middle and a piece of wood too. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
Looks bigger then a ten. and why is your foam exposed other then that looks good and what may be going in it

·
Registered
153 Posts
I’m curious about the exposed foam too… Was that done due to time constraint, for function (?), or for aesthetics? Visually your viv looks really nice. I like the gradual slope across the front. The only major suggestion I have is - more leaf litter. Your moss looks awesome and I would keep as much of it as possible, but the frogs really do enjoy the leaves. =)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m curious about the exposed foam too… Was that done due to time constraint, for function (?), or for aesthetics? Visually your viv looks really nice. I like the gradual slope across the front. The only major suggestion I have is - more leaf litter. Your moss looks awesome and I would keep as much of it as possible, but the frogs really do enjoy the leaves. =)
Just heard you dont have to cover it. I really dont want the moss to die but im going to get more LL in there, I'm just fighting for space.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I agree that the black GS does look a little like rock and once the tank grows in the look will improve further. Still, I probably would have slapped some silicone and a little cocofiber,sand, or something over it to increase the texture. Regardless, I like the tank! If you do get any moss die off, along with LL, another plant or two would help to blend the exposed gs with the rest of the enclosure. I cant wait to see more pics as the plants grow in!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree that the black GS does look a little like rock and once the tank grows in the look will improve further. Still, I probably would have slapped some silicone and a little cocofiber,sand, or something over it to increase the texture. Regardless, I like the tank! If you do get any moss die off, along with LL, another plant or two would help to blend the exposed gs with the rest of the enclosure. I cant wait to see more pics as the plants grow in!
If the creeping fig climbs that way i will cover it up. I like the look so i just left it be. Im going to use it on this build I'm about to do. I think I will take your advice and add some sand over silicone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts