Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Can't wait to see this, don't worry that it's not PDF, a lot of us keep various species of tree frogs as well, good luck, don't rush the build, think it through.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very nice. Just set one up this size myself.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
im gonna make a trip up to seattle just so you can build me a stand.. that is a wonderful piece of work! When I try to work with wood my brain shuts off. lol. When we build our big living room display viv, I am gonna have you over for a weekend to work your magic on a stand haha. Hope you like the tri cities and nice dry weather! haha

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Thank you Nismo95 I appreciate the compliment. I can't take all the credit however. I designed the stand and handed it over to my friend who owns a commercial cabinetry business. My parents and I own a small business and his company does all the interior work for us. They do really amazing stuff and although he doesn't take on small projects he did this for me. If he's open to taking on more small projects I will definitely passes the info along!
very cool! it really did turn out great! look forward to seeing more of your build!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm looking forward to see what you do...How big is the centerpiece wood? Maybe take a picture of it by a well known object like a 12 oz can

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I like this piece of wood and your stand. I made my rack with the same stuff, but of a darker color. A tip: make sure the terrarium does not leak; even goes over the bottom with a bead of silicone. I think you have potential to make a masterpiece! Any idea about frogs?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like this piece of wood and your stand. I made my rack with the same stuff, but of a darker color. A tip: make sure the terrarium does not leak; even goes over the bottom with a bead of silicone. I think you have potential to make a masterpiece! Any idea about frogs?

I second that. You did a great job on the stand and that piece of wood is amazing. Can't wait to see more.

Reactions: btu83

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for the compliment. I would like to purchase phyllomedusa bicolors or vaillanti. If I decide to go reptile I am considering a few different chameleon species or electric blue day geckos. My goal when selecting a species here is to deviate from the usual wet and high humidity vivarium suitable for dart frogs and instead produce something more tropically arid, with a humidity around 60 to 70 percent, a smaller and self contained water feature with no false bottom, and a rocky substrate. If you have any animals suggestions send them my way.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts