1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Acryllic is scary expensive, yeah. O-O That's what glass blowing's for! :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
it seems like any unconventional size enclosure that manufacturers don't mass produce are insanely overpriced. I saw this all the time seeing that i worked at a fish and pet store a while back.

This is a cool idea though. I wish i could get a more flat and deep cylinder rather than a tall one and make a 360 degree viewable paludarium or something of the sort. What do you plan on putting in this?

·
Registered
638 Posts
That is a pretty tripy looking viv tell us how your gonna set it up and I conplain allot about prices to

·
Registered
827 Posts
I think this one is worth it though. $80 isn't that much for a weird shape like this. Plus it looks like the small opening is fine to fit your hand in there for easy access.

I would put this one on a lazy suzan with the hole in the back. So whenever I wanted to do something inside you just spin it slowly. If it was in the front with some sort of lid devised, it might not look right.

I want to do a cylinder but hard to find a good supply...one that I don't have to cut.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd put imitators in something like this. I'm just looking at options for desktop terrariums. At least with a globe I can have 16" diameter at some point. I haven't had any luck finding that in a cylinder yet.

While I've been focused on a globe or cylinder that you only view from one side (I still have a waterfall stuck in my head), I can't help but agree that something that you can view from all directions would be amazing. But I'd want something small enough to fit on a desk and big enough for two imitators to enjoy. While I'd love it to be centered around a truck with broms growing on it, but I haven't researched enough on how to do this. The 10" diameter is too small, but I see the potential in a style like this when I look at pictures like these:

A start in the right direction. With a 16" diameter globe, the bottom and center might be wide enough for a few broms. Maybe.

Justin

·
Registered
35 Posts
wow man can you make some videos about thoes cylender tanks they are wonderful, how did you make them and what types of plants are in thoes!!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'd put imitators in something like this. I'm just looking at options for desktop terrariums. At least with a globe I can have 16" diameter at some point. I haven't had any luck finding that in a cylinder yet.

While I've been focused on a globe or cylinder that you only view from one side (I still have a waterfall stuck in my head), I can't help but agree that something that you can view from all directions would be amazing. But I'd want something small enough to fit on a desk and big enough for two imitators to enjoy. While I'd love it to be centered around a truck with broms growing on it, but I haven't researched enough on how to do this. The 10" diameter is too small, but I see the potential in a style like this when I look at pictures like these:

A start in the right direction. With a 16" diameter globe, the bottom and center might be wide enough for a few broms. Maybe.

Justin

You can make the tube in that picture relatively easily. I had one I made up and running for a couple of months then had to break it down. Its pretty simple though, you should give it a shot.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I didn't make those. I found the images online while looking for ideas on setting up terrariums. But yeah, they look nice.

Justin
I know you didnt make those, I am saying that design is pretty simple to replicate, and not expensive at all if you were to try it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Stuff like that makes me want to click the buy it now button immediately! lol Black Jungle has some weird giant dome enclosure in their store. You have to take the entire dome off the base to get into the tank. The only frogs they use it for is terribilis as they're the only ones that won't make huge leaps out of the tank.

This is really really neat though!!! Would look perfect to the left of my rack and easy to mount a bell light to point down on it. I've always had my eye out for weird things I could use as cool vivariums. This one takes the cake though. I'm going to order one soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts