Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 days ago i foamed cork bark in a 10 gallon as a back round. today i noticed that there's a big whole in the back of my viv and the glass is shadered throw out the back of my viv... the glas is holding by the foam and i noticed that i left a pocket of air when i was foaming.. how happened and how can i avoid this the next time

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It sounds like you may have used to much expanding foam or the tank had a defect.

Post step by step the process you followed to apply the background.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i did this just recently to my tank as well. that stuff expands a lot more after it sets up and i think that if you pack it in too much it will pop. A lot of people recomend that you put it on in thin layers to build it up rather than all at once.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea thats what i did for the second attempt.. it came out good just when i used the silacone to glue coco bedding to cover up the foam it didnt stick all that well so certian spots are still white.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You have to press it on to get it to stick good, and to be safe you should use a brown colored silicone so if some comes off it wont be noticeabal like black or white.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeremy said:
yea thats what i did for the second attempt.. it came out good just when i used the silacone to glue coco bedding to cover up the foam it didnt stick all that well so certian spots are still white.
The coco bedding has to be bone desert dry in order to stick well. My first time doing it the bedding was still a hair moist and the silicon showed through a good bit....looked glittery.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
naw the coco bedding was dried to the max... it looked light brown....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just add another layer over the bare spots. A few difficult spots on my tank took a few coats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts