Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well in the next few days the official build is gonna tank place. At the moment my little female French Guyana banded leuc is in a plastic carrier as a temporary/ quarantine tank. But I plan to house a pair. The tank is gonna be great stuff foam background with silicone cocofiber and cypress placed in the foam. I'm gonna get Alittle more elaborate with this one and add shelves for added surface area. Gonna add a branch and spread moss across it. For plants I'm just gonna use cutting and moss from my previous viv. (Washing before going into first). Once the female grows a lot I will get her a male as she is the size of a thumbnail species. Until the build begins here is the temp. Tank.

It holds moisture well and has air holes in the lid.

Just an overview.

Here you can see how tiny she is.

Better look at her.

Hope you guys enjoy and in the weeks to come hopefully lots to come please comment and post what you think.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Its not much but I'm working on it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Just finished the great stuff background now allowing it to dry. Tomorrow im shaving some of foam off to give it a cleaner look then I'm gonna post finished product then silicone and cocofiber on. Hope you guys enjoy and please comment.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Good start. Just an FYI, there are no leucomelas in French Guiana. Those would be from Guyana, 2 countries to the left of FG.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good start. Just an FYI, there are no leucomelas in French Guiana. Those would be from Guyana, 2 countries to the left of FG.
Lol thanks and that was a cell phone auto correct for you lol

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Great stuff foamed background finished. Next silicone

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I've found that great stuff can expand then contract, for almost a week. You may want to hold off on the silicone for a couple days. Also, the silicone will adhere to the great stuff really well if you shave off a very thin layer of the great stuff.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've found that great stuff can expand then contract, for almost a week. You may want to hold off on the silicone for a couple days. Also, the silicone will adhere to the great stuff really well if you shave off a very thin layer of the great stuff.
Thanks for the heads up. I was actually have to do that I gotta pick up the silicone and on the shaving part I had to shave some off anyways since it was really thick in some spots.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looking good. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking good. Keep us posted.
I certainly will. I'm at a standstill as my college classes have me busy with essays but soon I get free time I will be picking up the silicone and cocofiber to complete it. Stay tune guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts