Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 10 gal mini paludarium, I use it to nurse some specific plants and keep it in case I need an emergency viv for my frogs (if something happens to my frog viv or one of them needs to be quarantined). I cleaned it a few days ago, thought I'd snap a few pics in case anyone's interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
sweet mini tank. maybe some shrimps in the water area or small fish like rasbora maculata or galaxy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow, i really like the look of that tank! :eek:

If it isnt too much trouble, could you put together a plant species list?

Im just about to start my second viv (have all the hardscape mats) but im still looking for plants that would have the right feel (pretty much anything that stays tiny).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, i really like the look of that tank! :eek:

If it isnt too much trouble, could you put together a plant species list?
Some of the plants I've had for years, propagating them between tanks, so I've forgotten their proper names. But a rough list would look like this:

Peperomia sp.
Ficus pumila
Leptodictyum riparium
Cryptocoryne wendtii (if I recall correctly, it looks like one at least)
Anubias coffeefolia
and a miniature fern I haven't identified (bought without proper label)

In addition, there's a tiny "wild" (i.e. supposedly non-hybrid/cultivated) Begonia that's recovering from a snail attack that reduced it to a single small branch, but it's not in any of the pics.

Nice little setup. What kind of lighting are you using?
It's a standard 15W flourescent tube. I also have another 15W tube for aquarium/plant use, but I like the color of this one more. In addition, I don't want too much light or the Ficus pumila will go out of control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts