Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did think about them in the early stages aaand then forgot while build it. I have a pump and a filter in the bottom and currently have no good way to hide the wires. Any ideas? The pump will sit under the cork round and the filter will sit on the opposite side of the bridge.
Wood Gas Metal Trunk Soil

Plant Water World Nature Botany

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tie them behind the bridge with fishing line. Once plants grow in, you won’t notice a bit of cord, and it’s a good idea to have it accessible in case you need to work on the devices.
Can't. It's all spray foamed right to the glass and it only comes out maybe 3 inches at most so I don't think I can cut a hole and slide the plug through. I think I might have to settle for cutting a track and sliding the cord straight in and hope plants will cover it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Link to public copy of peer-reviewed journal article on pathogens that are transmissible between amphibians and fish:

Christine L. Densmore, David Earl Green, Diseases of Amphibians, ILAR Journal, Volume 48, Issue 3, 2007, Pages 235–254, Diseases of Amphibians

After decades of experience in the aquarium hobby, there is absolutely no way I'd let any fish near my frogs. Aquarium fish carry more weird funk than any animal group I've worked with. It is only a matter of time before something nasty jumps into captive amphibian stocks.
Oof so yeah I went into my localish hard-core reptile place and brainstormed with them and I think I'll have to do something more like ankles and a medium ish fish like dwarf rainbows. I'd never heard about the issues with fish and frogs transferring diseases so thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts