Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the dwarf isopods what kind do people keep in their viv’s? Any one keep some of the fancier types of iso’s like dairy cow or powder orange?

·
Administrator
4,355 Posts
Besides the dwarf isopods what kind do people keep in their viv’s? Any one keep some of the fancier types of iso’s like dairy cow or powder orange?
No. Would never recommend anything but dwarf Isopods with dart frogs. Porcellio and porcellionides (probably spelled that wrong) are very protein hungry and could be a risk to frogs / eggs

·
Administrator
6,725 Posts
I keep a cx of P. pruinosus 'powder orange' and used them in a crested gecko enclosure once (not again, though). They destroy ABG, make leaf litter disappear overnight and breed out of control. Neat critters, but not remotely 'clean up crew', IMO.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I used to have giant oranges in my enclosures for larger frogs my first time around. They would overrun the enclosures and I'd constantly be pulling them out when I saw them to keep populations in check. Definitely cool bugs if you have an enclosure just for them. Right now I've got some dairy cows in my ficus.

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
I keep a cx of P. pruinosus 'powder orange' and used them in a crested gecko enclosure once (not again, though). They destroy ABG, make leaf litter disappear overnight and breed out of control. Neat critters, but not remotely 'clean up crew', IMO.
Does this mean that the A. gestroi I want to get will mess up my planted Biorb? :/ They're described as "slow to medium" breeders...

·
Registered
A 1.0.1 pair of dentrabates tink azerus, a 0.0.2 pair of aruatus green and bronze and a 1.1 pair of
117 Posts
I keep Japanese manic potion in some of my tanks and it’s been fine they just eat leaf litter fast

1 - 10 of 10 Posts