No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shelley

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2015, 10:04 AM

Default New Milk Frog Owner - worried

Hi All,

I got my first milk frogs yesterday (i have had firebellies for a little while to gain some experiance)

Anyway i'm a bit worried about them. They are babies(just have two of them) only 3 months old and about 1.5cm long. I put them in their terrarium last night when we got them home and they literally havent moved from the spot since? They are both statue still and sitting and staring and have been all night since 7pm, they havent moved at all. Is that normal? Are they just frightened of the new surroundings? I offered them some micro crickets this morning and they didnt even blink, or move a muscle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2015, 10:55 PM

Default Re: New Milk Frog Owner - worried

Have they moved since?
Old 12-01-2015, 09:20 PM

They both died in the end. Thanks for the reply though

Old 12-01-2015, 10:32 PM

Default Re: New Milk Frog Owner - worried

When tree frogs are that small, you should raise them in shoe box containers on paper towels. I personally feel milk frogs should be sold around the 5 to 6 month marker when they leave the water. It allows them to get a little bigger and by that time, the ones that are still around are probably healthy eaters.
But Honestly, it could be a list of things of what went wrong. All you can do is explain/show your set up, temps and humidity. Then go from there. Sorry about your loss.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:46 PM

Hello,

Thank you for replying. Basically i went to a breeder and got stitched! He led me to believe they were larger and eating cricket and hoppers. When they arrived they were smaller than my thumb nail and not eating at all. One drowned in the water bowl the same evening i posted, I immediately sought help from a group on fb and they advised to get springtails, fruit flies and pin head crickets and put the one that was left in a lunchbox. Which i did staright away. He refused to eat anything and wasted away over a week and a half. I contacted the breeder when the first one died and he basically said it wasnt his problem. I now have a group of 5 that i got from a shop and they are amazing. They are probably 4 times the size of the original two and eating like crazy ? Ive learnt from this harsh experience and will never fool for not seeing things in person again. I travelled for an hour and a half for the new ones and it was more than worth it
macuser likes this.