Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Dendroboard

Dendroboard (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/)
-   Tree frogs (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/tree-frogs/)
-   -   leucistic or albino tree frog (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/tree-frogs/198578-leucistic-albino-tree-frog.html)

thumbnail 08-21-2014 01:46 PM

leucistic or albino tree frog

Do not know the species yet, and will get pics of later tonight. I have one a friend of mine collected for me from his lily pad grow out pond. He says there is another, and I am going to try and get it this afternoon. I will take a closer look later and when i post pics I will give my guess on species. He has grays, greens, squirrel, and barking in his area. I am pretty sure its leucistic instead of albino since just looking at it in the bucket the eyes are pretty dark if not black.

Hayden 08-21-2014 01:59 PM

Re: leucistic or albino tree frog

I'm very curious to see the pics. What part of Georgia are you located? I'm in Cordele, which is a couple hours South of Atlanta.

thumbnail 08-21-2014 02:39 PM

Right below Newnan Ga. When I transfer it over to a deli I will take a pic, and also if I happen to luckily catch the other one I will take a pic of it too. Legs already starting to pop out.

Hayden 08-21-2014 02:56 PM

Oh that's right. I asked you that before. I'm interested to see the pics.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

thumbnail 08-21-2014 05:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is pics of the one I have. Figured I would get a few out before I head over to catch the second one. I say albino now after the close-up pic of the eye. Now as for species I still do not know. I am going to collect a few normals for ID.

thumbnail 08-21-2014 10:31 PM

no luck on second one today. Tried for a couple of hours with no show. The pool they are in is a seedling lily pad pond so I cant really dig in the creases. I will keep going to see if I can get a hold of it. From what I have been told this second one is about a week behind in development so I have a little time. Did see plenty of normals and from what I saw they have to be grey's.

Hayden 09-03-2014 09:49 AM

Any updates?

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Itsalltender 09-11-2014 08:43 PM

albino because it has red eyes

thumbnail 09-12-2014 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yep I know for sure its an albino. Here is a pic of it taken a not too long ago. Still on the look out for the second one in my buddies green house. Going to put up a light one of these nights coming up to see if it may come to it to hunt.

woody 01-09-2015 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't someone here say they were from Newnan Ga, ? Wensday I found this living in the toilet in the bathroom I never use. It's body is just over an inch long and he or she has 5 toes on the rear feet. I live in Tyrone and just don't want a frog as a pet at this time if someone here near me wants him he is free. i assume he will be ok for a week or 2 without food ?