Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pacblu202

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 PM

Default 20x20x32(55gal) Build!!!

So this is my first dart set up, but im not new to world of 'creepy crawlies'. This tank is inspired from one that I saw at Frog Day. It is made of .1'' acrylic and Weld-on 4 and 16.

here are the 7- 20"x32" sheets after i cut them out. looks so nice right?!

got these clamps for pretty cheap at menards. They are 'right angle clamps' and were the single most helpful investment i made.

Notice the section cut out in the back left side. there will be a door there and that will be the pump housing for the water feature and what not.

The filterbox is not in place. The top of it doesnt connect to the top allowing for an overflow effect. It will ony be about 3/4" of an opening and i will put another piece in on top to prevent any darts from going in. The front lip is also on now and 5'' up for the soil and false bottom to be in. I am not connecting the top till i foam and silicone. This was itll be 1000 times easier to work with it.

This is a picture of the back with the opening for the pump house. its about 5'' by 3'' and 5'' up so the water can reservoir back there. its at a wierd angle, tilted to the left. you get the idea haha

Top-down on the pump house.

this is 2/3 sides of the fan housing. I loved the idea i saw at frog day and am totally stealing it for my own use. It sucks the air in one side and forces it out the other, all powered by a usb fan. The best part is that it doesnt change the temperature or humidity by drawing in outside air, its all intake air.

This is all i have done right now, ill keep you guys updated!
*Self_DeFenCe* likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 02:26 AM

Default Re: 20x20x32(55gal) Build!!!

THose right angle clamps look perfect for building a viv/any tank!!!
And it seems like .1" is a little thin...are you sure that it will hold up to the water pressure for the pum resevior and the soil pressure? I'm not telling you that it wont because i dont know much about working with glass/acrylic, just wondering if you know for sure if it will hold up..

Keep it posted, hope to see the entire build come together..

-Jeremy

aha i didnt even notice it was you david...is this the build you're working with the powerheads for??
Old 05-24-2012, 05:49 AM

Default Re: 20x20x32(55gal) Build!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermajestyg View Post
THose right angle clamps look perfect for building a viv/any tank!!!
And it seems like .1" is a little thin...are you sure that it will hold up to the water pressure for the pum resevior and the soil pressure? I'm not telling you that it wont because i dont know much about working with glass/acrylic, just wondering if you know for sure if it will hold up..

Keep it posted, hope to see the entire build come together..

-Jeremy

aha i didnt even notice it was you david...is this the build you're working with the powerheads for??
yeah this is the that tank. And i just tested the water today, its not leaking anywhere and even though it seems a bit thin, There is a LOT of glue (weld-on) on there, 2 coats over all thats done so far. and the great stuff will help hold it together. ill be set... i hope lol

Tags
acrylic, build, custom, darts, tank