Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Dendroboard

Dendroboard (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/)
-   Parts & Construction (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/)
-   -   Exo-Terra Mayan background (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/65212-exo-terra-mayan-background.html)

wildman 03-08-2011 08:03 PM

Exo-Terra Mayan background

anyone have one that they would like to unload? I'm looking to put it in a larger viv than what it comes in. Thanks for any interest.

earthfrog 03-08-2011 08:23 PM

Re: Exo-Terra Mayan background

I was thinking of doing this but opted for a different theme instead. What I found on EBay were some authentic artifacts, some at decent prices---like, actual Mayan statuettes for a couple hundred bucks, and smaller items for less. Check it out.

wildman 03-08-2011 09:51 PM

Duuuuuuude, are you rollin' in dough, or what?! :o I' not sure I wanna drop thAt kinda dough on it. Thanks for the idea, I'll research it a bit more.

earthfrog 03-08-2011 09:54 PM

No, I'm not rich, but $200 for an actual artifact seems reasonable. There are other things for a lot less. I just have a monthly 'mad money' account that I can do whatever I want with...:D

wildman 03-09-2011 04:10 AM

Uuuuuhhhh...... I think that buying actual artifacts may be illegal. In the distant past I got a degree in archaeology & anthropology & what you have may represent the looting of a country's heritage. You either got duped or are aNinternational criminal. :o

Hope I didn't rain on your day too much... :eek:

earthfrog 03-09-2011 04:15 AM

I'm sure it depends on the source. I would hope those selling things on Ebay are not looters, but merely private collectors with legitimate finds selling their private property. If you have particular opinions on the items you see on Ebay, do share. I suppose it's good I didn't buy anything like that yet based on this new and very polarized info.

GhostRidr 03-09-2011 04:23 PM

You have to remember...the Maya people are still alive today. So they in turn can make a piece of art, and sell it legitimately as Mayan art. It's just not ancient Mayan art. That is FAR more expensive.