concrete products, epoxy, , titebond,silicone method to me isn t the ticket......... - Dendroboard
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Vivariums > Parts & Construction
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 08:41 PM

Default concrete products, epoxy, , titebond,silicone method to me isn t the ticket.........

Been awhile that I have been reading the builds and different techs people are using.... so many different thoughts and some new ideas.... a person can spend hours looking .....
Back grounds and structure.....
Any way... the old silicone method hasn t proven to be the ticket to me...... I have also used cement products in reptile vids and such..... really like what I can do with it ....but I haven t used it with the frog vivs..... always worried about the leaching and ph factors..... besides wetting and the time method, what can one do about that ....what and how does one seal it ??? What products used for sealing ??? I don 't like the shine that some sealers leave .....

What cha' think about thia drylock/laytex paint....put it on and use it ?? No sealing ??? no leaching of by products ???

nad hey, this titebond ultimate wood glue??? What I see this stuff seems to be the ticket..... how's it hold up??? any after by products to wonder about?? Need any sealing ??? Is it a use it and leave it product ??

Well fire a few replies if ya would...thanks

rangerswild
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 08:48 PM

Default Re: concrete products, epoxy, , titebond,silicone method to me isn t the ticket.....

A while back I put together a huge viv, used a product that I saw someone talking about on here.... used in zoos and other large exibits...... even used in buildings and such for rock structures...... went on quite like a cement binder - but it was a different product..... no leaching, ph hassles and such..... used a lot of it , but I'll be darned if I can remember the product or who manufactured it ..... was a great product... little expensive but....... has been used to make rocks, trees you name it ...... tell ya it would be great if any one out there could fire me the name ....I've seached here but cant dig it up ....thanks again ....
Old 03-01-2011, 09:08 PM

Default Re: concrete products, epoxy, , titebond,silicone method to me isn t the ticket.....

HabaCrete?

Old 03-02-2011, 03:03 AM

nope, wasn t the habacrete..... sure wish I could remember, had to mix two products from two different containers together......anyone have any comments on that titebond though ??? Dose look like a good product.....
Old 03-02-2011, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerswild View Post
had to mix two products from two different containers together
Are we talking about 2 part marine epoxy?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:39 AM

maybe this (epoxy)?

Zoopoxies - POLYGEM, Inc.

cheers,
Jimi
Old 03-02-2011, 12:25 PM

Hey, Jim , ya got it....thanks a lot...used the stuff on a few tanks and on my huge 6x4x3 display Viv...I thought it wa the best...didn t treat it in any way....didn t have the long wait lke the cement products..... hey no worries about it waring down or getting soft with water....infact I drilled a cpl holes in the upper pool of my watter all... it was like drilling through rock....... funny I don t see much about it being mentioned here ......... any one else think the stuff is right at the top???

Again thaks bro..... I just couldn t remember the name or find it ....... now I m happy...... skip Rangerswild
Old 03-02-2011, 05:46 PM

Zoopoxy is great stuff used it many times, if you thought it was expensive then it's almost doubled in price since I used it last but it's worth every penny you can do alot with it providing you are covering some kind of structure and apply 1/8 to 1/4 inch over the structure you are covering.

Scott
Old 03-02-2011, 07:51 PM

I do black pond foam, with the old grab and smash. The tricks are to build up first with just foam, grab and smash the finish layer, work quickly on small sections.

Live in New England? Join NEFG now!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:28 PM

i didn't see any prices or how to order things on that zoopoxy stuff. How much would it be for like the 2 gallon one? just curious
Old 03-03-2011, 09:48 PM

Go to Polygem's site on the right side of the screen you will see a link for price then you will find it $139.90 for the two gallon kit.

Scott
Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 PM

E-Z Sculpt Epoxy Modeling Clay 2 Quart Kit

Jay Schmid
President
Polygem, Inc
630-231-5600
Welcome to POLYGEM! - POLYGEM, Inc.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Hi Guy's,

I am brand new to vivarium construction and I would like to use the
"ultimate wood glue" method with "Peat" can anyone tell me what the mix ratio is, how much peat do I add to how much glue ??

Also I was interested in the zoopoxie, there seems to be different kinds, clay or liquid. Which would be best for viv backgrounds?

Thanks for any help you guy's

Bruce