Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Dendroboard

Dendroboard (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/)
-   Parts & Construction (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/)
-   -   Can someone recommend a pump (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/47834-can-someone-recommend-pump.html)

BOOSHIFIED 12-04-2009 07:08 PM

Can someone recommend a pump

I am looking for a cheap pump to power my water fall/stream.

I will be using a false bottom so a submersible pump might work best.

Some that I have looked at are:
Micropump 104
Repti-Flo Circulating Pump

This is for a 105 gal 20 inch tall tank so the water would only need to be pumped up about 15-18 inches.

Any input is appreciated.

Devanny 12-04-2009 07:43 PM

Re: Can someone recommend a pump

Your better off with a small canister filter/turtle filter, pumps clog easily and make making the water feature a pain in the ass, trust me its not worth the frustration lol

BOOSHIFIED 12-04-2009 08:14 PM

i was wondering about that.

i am hoping that the false bottom setup will keep most of the debris away from the pump but I guess it is better safe then sorry.

I do have two giant fluval 405 filters that came with the tank but im prob gonna sell those (i got the whole setup for $150). Im hoping I can sell the filters for $150 by themselves and then buy a smaller filter/pump for what i want.

Reefer420 12-04-2009 09:06 PM

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

good to see another San Diegan on here and nice avatar.

check ebay, i got 2 nice small 80gph pumps that have flow control for $10shipped.
just gotta search a little.

I also have a false bottom in my vivs, for the waterfall feature i made a housing as part of my GS background with pump access out of the egg crate and covered it in screen. i also did a few water changes after it was up and running to get the loose debris from under the false bottom. Its been working for me no problem.

BOOSHIFIED 12-04-2009 10:16 PM

that is basically my idea here.

im gonna make a eggcrate housing in the back left of the tank covered in GS. I want to have a fall and stream that flow to the right. ill def check out ebay.

would a 6"X6" area be big enough?

also since we on thetopic of San Diego. Any places you recommend? For anything (frogs, plants, whatever).

GO CHARGERS

Sharkdude 12-04-2009 10:38 PM

I alwas liked the hagen pumps for durability, but maxi jet pumps are cheap and reliable too. used lots of maxi jets in my reef keeping days. check out aquarium powerheads for options to speciality ones marketed to reptile hobbyists.

Go Chargers!

BOOSHIFIED 12-04-2009 10:42 PM

thanks for the input....ill still take more if anyone has it

also...interesting that this is a SoCal dominated thread so far.