Dendroboard banner

liquid nail for palu or viva

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  eddy planer 
#1 ·
Hi Gurus

Is there anybody use liquid nail for bond diftwood to whatever for palu?

I wonder this liquid nail suitable and will it leach any thing toxin if it fully submerged?

#4 ·
I previously used liquid nails to mount orchids in trees on landscape jobs. While it didn't hurt the pseudobulbs, it tended to damage the roots it was on however. I also found that liquid nails doesn't stay adhered to trees in the wet season here in Florida. Needless to say, I don't use it for orchids any more, and wouldn't think of using it in a vivarium.

As was said before, aquarium safe silicone works well, or if you need a stronger glue, Gorilla glue holds up very well (even submerged). I have a large pot in my pond that has rocks Gorilla-glued to the outside of it--and they've been in place submerged for over 5 years!

#5 ·
Thanks folk,

So can you please advise the brand of the gorilla glue? any similar or substitute for this gorilla glue?

Well i planning to glue the vine to mangrove straight long log or cork bark which will be full submerged in water for palu.

I 'll still consider silicon to bond the vine to the log but still prefer stronger one. Any advise ,gurus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.