Go Back   Dendroboard > Vivariums > Parts & Construction
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2019, 04:44 PM

Default 4ft AgroLed 41w t5

Decided to upgrade my light. The beamsworks was still decent after 3+ years but the first row of 5 LEDs recently started to flicker and I wanted something more intense since I plan on using bromeliads again.

At work I've been using these agroled t5 replacements for every one of the t5ho bulbs that go out. I noticed the spectrum is 5500k and prefer the sleek design. They are also very bright and have longer life than regular t5hos.

The fixture is the cheapest single t5 I could find. I've had good luck with SunBlaze.

Specs:
AGROLED
41W 4900lumens 5500k

Vs.

SUNBLAZE t5ho bulb
54w 5000lumens 6500k
100 more lumens but +13watts, more heat, blue color and shorter life

Pros: much brighter than the beamsworks. Penetrates a lot farther. Color spectrum is very much like bright sun. Looks better IMO than 6500k. Clean wiring, no longer need a bulky power supply like the beamsworks. Very affordable

Cons: should have gotten a fixture with a reflector since there's a lot of scattered light (easy fix). Wish the cord and fixture were black to match my set up lol

I work with a lot of grow LEDs for different purposes and situations. I feel this is the best bang for your buck solution for a compact, rack style set up

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2019, 05:03 PM

Default Re: 4ft AgroLed 41w t5

Here's a picture. I focused on the black strip in between tanks so you can compare brightness.

Top lights
Front vivagrow 48" 24/7
Back agroled 48" t5 replacement

Bottom lights
Front finnex 36" 24/7
Back Green Element Evo 48"

The 24/7 lights are in their morning settings so very dim. The agroled is brighter than the Evo at up to 12" but then the Evo penetrates farther. Maybe a reflector will help

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk