Go Back   Dendroboard > Vivariums > Parts & Construction
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2019, 10:07 PM

Default New exo terra paludarium build questions

Ok so about to start construction on my exo terra paludarium tomorrow and just want to make sure I haven't got any steps goofed up before I start. So...
1. Silicone cork bark to background. Let cure for a day.
2. Fill in with GS. Let cure for a day.
3. Shave off shiny bits of GS, apply silicone, apply coco fiber. Let cure for a day.

Lastly a few questions. This will be my first paludarium. I picked up a normal pond water pump to be used for a waterfall. I'm planning on hiding that in the back corner gated off by a removeable window crate corner section. Was planning on putting some filter media in that to cut down on pump clogging up. My plan is to have the power cord and the pump tubing run up through a piece of pvc in the back corner so that I'll be able to completely remove the pump if needed for maintenance without having to rip up the background.

Also picked up a paludarium specific filter that I'm gonna hide in the tank somewhere. Not too concerned with this causing issues.

Lastly, do I need to keep my cork bark/ gs background above the tank waterline to prevent the whole wall from getting water logged or will that be an issue?

Does anyone see issues with any of this? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2019, 05:51 AM

Default Re: New exo terra paludarium build questions

If you could avoid the foam touching the water line, that would be great. You’ll notice over time that the foam will contract and “shrink” — I think being in contact with water will only help peel the foam off the background as it does this over time. A little bit won’t ruin it though.

Tyler