Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kinstrome
  • 1 Post By Dr. Manhattan
  • 1 Post By Dr. Manhattan
  • 1 Post By Kinstrome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2019, 12:24 AM

Default Mistking timer

Howdy all. I bought the Mistking Starter System v4.0, and it came with the ST-24 seconds timer. I just want to set it so that it comes on at 6am and 6pm for 30 to maybe 45 seconds at a time, 7 days week, 365 days a year. The manual makes no mention of how to do this. And while their customer service has been prompt and courteous they haven't answered the very basic question I asked above. They keep saying put it to 800am on setting PO as an example. My next move is to use what I like to call the Universal Tool, aka ball peen hammer, and absolutely obliterate the timer. Please save me from making this hasty decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2019, 12:40 AM

Set>Auto>>P0>6:00AM>30seconds>>Set>P1>6:00>30Secon ds
Old 07-03-2019, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Mistking timer

Basically, Set cycles through the slots and Clock modifies those slots.

You use Set to go from the "Auto / On / Off" setting to P0*, then P1, then P2, then P3 ... up to P9, then it goes back to "Auto / On / Off"

When you stop at any slot (P1, for example), pressing Clock cycles through the various things you can change for that slot. I believe the first thing you set is which days of the week you want it to go for. Then you set the clock (hour:minute:second), then the duration you want it to last for (hour:minute:second). You press Up or Down to change the number while it's flashing.

So, if you wanted to set your timer to turn the pump on at 8:00am for 1 minute, 4:00pm for 1 and 1/2 minutes, and 12:00am for 30 seconds, you might make these three slots look like this:

P0
8:00:00am - 00:01:00

P1
4:00:00pm - 00:01:30

P2
12:00:00am - 00:00:30

*I'm not near a MistKing timer right now, so I'm not 100% sure that "P" is the correct letter. I think it is, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Also, a couple of mistakes I made the first time I programmed the timer:

1) You have to go all the way through the slots to make any changes you made go into effect. This has been my experience, at least, although I haven't tested on every parameter. I do know that, if you set the entire timer to be "On" and then want to turn it back to "Auto" (which is the setting you'll usually be on), you have to go through all the slots, past P9, back to "Auto / On / Off".

2) Don't mistake the duration time for the clock time! Originally I thought the duration time (the time on the right side) was actually another clock time. I thought it started at the time on the left side clock, and finished at the time on the right side clock. So I set it as 12:00:00am - 12:00:30. I thought it would last for thirty seconds ... not twelve hours and thirty seconds. Fortunately, I figured something was amiss before the terrarium flooded.

Last edited by Kinstrome; 07-03-2019 at 02:40 AM.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:17 PM

If you read the manual it does make sense, I thought i could do it with out the manual since i had the old style timer, nope. Had to read the manual then it all made sense, apparently reading comprehension has been lost.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsr8129 View Post
If you read the manual it does make sense, I thought i could do it with out the manual since i had the old style timer, nope. Had to read the manual then it all made sense, apparently reading comprehension has been lost.
Everybody struggles with different things. I've encountered instruction manuals that did not make the least bit of sense to me (producing anger), yet which must have made sense to everybody else because the product had a 4.9/5.0 Amazon rating.
Mmkco likes this.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:58 PM

Thanks everyone, ball peen hammer avoided.
Mmkco likes this.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:12 AM

Thanks for adding nothing to this conversation except your own sense of overblown self importance and inferiority. Damn I was hoping to avoid incels and their misplaced anger on this website.
Mmkco likes this.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
Thanks everyone, ball peen hammer avoided.
I just installed one and struggled myself for a few days with the stop time settings despite reading and re-reading the manual. It finally hit me what I was doing wrong and seemed pretty basic, DOH! but it did have to circle around a few times before it came in for a landing. Everyone thinks a little differently! Glad you got that figured out. These MistKing systems are incredible!!
Old 07-04-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmkco View Post
I just installed one and struggled myself for a few days with the stop time settings despite reading and re-reading the manual. It finally hit me what I was doing wrong and seemed pretty basic, DOH! but it did have to circle around a few times before it came in for a landing. Everyone thinks a little differently! Glad you got that figured out. These MistKing systems are incredible!!
I have been surprised how useful MistKing is for the price it comes as, although because I come from originally using a $100 retail ReptiRain, I'm sure almost anything would have been impressive.
Mmkco likes this.