Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bsr8129
  • 2 Post By PhylloBro
  • 1 Post By Dane

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2019, 12:05 AM

Default Troy Goldberg Eurostyle Viv Tutorial - L Track

Link to the tutorial:

It calls for a " 1/4 L - Track", which will have you google searching and browsing for hours. I am positive this is the piece that is required for the build. My only concern is that it uses styrene but as far as i know this is dangerous as a gas or liquid. This must be made of polystyrene which is the solid? im not sure because it just says styrene. Someone with knowledge of this could clarify.

https://www.outwater.com/products/zz...7-47c7638aa91e

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Troy Goldberg Eurostyle Viv Tutorial - L Track

what are you worried about? its just track for the glass to sit in, it isnt going to cause any harm or anything
PhylloBro likes this.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsr8129 View Post
what are you worried about? its just track for the glass to sit in, it isnt going to cause any harm or anything
When i began looking on google about styrene one of the first things that comes up is that it was making animals deaf. LOL so i was immediately horrified. I continued researching and found it is more than possible, its probable that it is carcinogenic. Then, i realized these were referring to it being in liquid form and as a gas in the air. That was where the danger was. So i dug more and found that when binded its called polystyrene which is used in food storage containers and other daily use items and is generally safe. The site only says made of styrene and not polystyrene which is confusing since one is considered pretty risky and the other is not. I get that its not in direct contact all the time but i worry about leaching or prolonged exposure if it does let off fumes. For myself, ive considered all of it and believe it is not a problem to use this item for this part of the build. I live in CA and there are cancer warnings on literally everything. its made me somewhat paranoid. lol I always research the risks if i see that warning
Encyclia and Kinstrome like this.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:28 PM
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhylloBro View Post
When i began looking on google about styrene one of the first things that comes up is that it was making animals deaf. LOL so i was immediately horrified. I continued researching and found it is more than possible, its probable that it is carcinogenic. Then, i realized these were referring to it being in liquid form and as a gas in the air. That was where the danger was. So i dug more and found that when binded its called polystyrene which is used in food storage containers and other daily use items and is generally safe. The site only says made of styrene and not polystyrene which is confusing since one is considered pretty risky and the other is not. I get that its not in direct contact all the time but i worry about leaching or prolonged exposure if it does let off fumes. For myself, ive considered all of it and believe it is not a problem to use this item for this part of the build. I live in CA and there are cancer warnings on literally everything. its made me somewhat paranoid. lol I always research the risks if i see that warning
Styrene track and profiles are used in almost all Euro viv builds, and standard aquarium rims. Your frogs will be fine.
PhylloBro likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dane For This Useful Post:
PhylloBro (06-21-2019)