Go Back   Dendroboard > Vivariums > Parts & Construction
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2019, 04:47 PM

Default New 36"x18"x36" Build-Help Needed

Does any one here have experience removing the doors from a 36"x18"36" ExoTerra. I'm finally getting ready to work on the build and I REALLY don't want to mess with the doors while I'm doing it. This is only my second build the first was a 18"x18"x36" Zoo Med with a single door that I left on, that was challenging enough. I've already popped off the vent "guard". Thanks. (P.S. I'm a newbie to this site and still trying to figure out how to add a pic)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2019, 10:01 PM

Default Re: New 36"x18"x36" Build-Help Needed

If you have photographs on your computer, you can load them to this site with the "paperclip" attachment button that's above the post. Start a Quick Reply, click "Go Advanced", then look for the paperclip-shaped button above the text box. Click the down-pointed triangle next to it and it'll open a window where you can attach a set of files and upload them to the site. Then return to the text box from before and use that same down-pointed triangle from before to load those pictures into the actual post. Be sure to Preview message to see if it worked.

Alternately, you can upload those pictures to an image-hosting site like Photobucket or Imgur and just copy a link provided with the image and paste it in the text box. Again, previewing the message here is a good idea.

As far as the question itself, I can't speak for Zoo Med, as all the tanks I've bought from people have been Exo Terra. I did have to repair the hinge on a rather large Exo Terra (twice, for separate reasons), though, and even though it looked like it wouldn't be able to fit the repaired door back in, I was able to do it without snapping the small parts. If Zoo Med is anything like Exo Terra (in other words, having plastic frames around glass walls), it is probably pretty flexible.

It would really help if you could load a few good photos, though.