Go Back   Dendroboard > Vivariums > Parts & Construction
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 11:38 PM

Question Lots of questions : /

I'm working on a 20g high terrarium. Currently, I don't plan on putting anything in this aside from plants, but I want it to look very similar to a PDF tank.

For now, I have a couple cypress knees, some GS foam, a bag of peat moss, two bars of unpacked coco husks, and a bag of concrete(without pebbles). I'm pretty sure all of that stuff is OK. I'll de-alkalize the concrete as I've already read on this site.

My questions are with the grout and the silicone. The grout I bought is called Keracolor U, with Bioblock. I would have just tossed it out altogether, but reading on this site about people using GE Silicone II with bioseal, I was wondering if this is something similar.

So my major questions are, is that silicone indeed OK..from the sticky, it looks like it's just fine. Is the grout safe? Is it necessary to switch from peat moss to coco fiber(the bricked kind)? Is the concrete(it's quickcrete[portland cement, sand, gravel]) safe to use as long as I soak it?

Thanks guys, great site. I've been stalking some of your threads like that girl from the Crush, looking forward to getting my own project underway.