Go Back   Dendroboard > Vivariums > Parts & Construction
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2018, 11:14 AM

Default Misting systems

Has anybody here ever used this misting system?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2018, 10:49 PM

Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,345 Posts
Default Re: Misting systems

Can't help you there, as I would never use anything other than MistKing, myself. I had a very bad experience with another brand before. I like to call it "Firemaker Jr.". Run the pump dry, and burn the house down! Fortunately, my fire was caught before I had more than a charred spot on a frog rack.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumilo View Post
Can't help you there, as I would never use anything other than MistKing, myself. I had a very bad experience with another brand before. I like to call it "Firemaker Jr.". Run the pump dry, and burn the house down! Fortunately, my fire was caught before I had more than a charred spot on a frog rack.
Holy crap ! Guess ill be getting a MistKing.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:32 PM

I came home this Saturday night after being gone out of town for work all week (left Sunday PM). While I was gone there was some kind of timer malfunction (haven't dug into that yet...) but upshot is, the MistKing pump was sucking air and my reservoir was empty.

No house fire! Ha ha, but that isn't funny. The pump wasn't even hot. Lord knows how long the poor thing was running dry. It still works fine, now that I refilled the reservoir. I'm just turning it on manually until I get the timer situation sorted.

Anyway - +1 for MistKing. Get your wallet out, and sleep very well.

(Also, this is another plug for drains in your vivs. No drains and I'd have been hurting. A turkey baster would have sucked.)

cheers
Old 03-06-2018, 08:20 PM

I'm still very new to all this. So it has a drain (like a bulkhead) for draining excess water? Drilling required?

Old 03-07-2018, 08:27 PM

Each of my vivs with spray heads that were controlled by the defective timer have bulkheaded drains, yes. Those particular vivs all happen to be glass Exo's, so yeah I have drilled all the backs - not the bottoms (just because of how I've got them racked; I could just as well have drilled the bottoms, but the way I've got them is fine for my needs & preferences - I want some standing water in my false bottoms for example, and I do not want to risk breaking a tank bottom whacking a bulkhead - I feel a rear bulkhead is way safer that way).

Does this answer your question? Or were you talking about the product you originally posted? I looked at it a little online. I think you'd need to do some mods to make it work for you - for example it seems to be plumbed for garden hose. Could work awesome straight out of the box if you had a bunch of outdoor chameleon screen cages, or woodland turtles/torts or something. Might be, uh, a bit much indoors. A failure could be a disaster - there's no damage like water damage! Ha ha ha - until you been there.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:41 AM

dont know this particular product but i can say that its always better to buy the professionell product. a friend of mine first bought a exo terra misting System - had to get rid of it after a few month. then he bought another cheaper system. this one he had even shorter.

so i always go by the proverb- buy cheap, buy twice.

here in germany its mrs which is top of the line. in the us it seems to be mistking. it might be more expensive (in my case 170 Euro instead of 90 euros), but better buy a professionell product with lots of happy customers than getting a unknown cheaper one.

there isnt much margin in the pump Systems (checked out my pump number and what it would cost on aliexpress). so the price difference isnt just the name.
The Following User Says Thank You to joe23reptiles For This Useful Post:
shane.holcomb83 (04-03-2018)