Originally Posted by 2mnytnx
looks good tim,
im curious as to how the different spectrums are going to show up when the tank is lit.
When all of the lights are on, you don't notice any difference in the lighting.
The layout was planned for my optimum viewing.
The 9325K bulb is high in the red and blue spectum. I placed it over
the water section close to the front of the tank. It really helps to bring
out the colors in my Neons.
I then used the 6700K bulb to help even out the lighting when they are
The two 5500K are supposed to provide the most accurate Color Rendering Index (per AH Supply's website -
). These are used over the
terrestrial section of my tank.
All of the lights are on timers.
- 7:30 am - 5500K on, front land side
- 8:30 am - 9325K on, front water side
- 9:30 am - 6700K on, rear water side
- 10:30 am - 5500K on, rear land side
- 7:00 pm - 6700K off, rear water side
- 8:00 pm - 5500K off, rear land side
- 9:00 pm - 5500K off, front land side
- 11:00 pm - 9325K off, front water side
Yea, I know it's overkill and a little obsessive, but I enjoy setting it up and having the tank as automated as possible. And I'm still working on adding a moon lite for an hour, after all the lights are out.