Go Back   Dendroboard > Vivariums > Parts & Construction
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 02:14 AM

Default My Log to First Vivarium

Hello, This is a progress of the viv I am making for my Crested Gecko. I know this website is mainly darts, but I wasn't sure if you couldn't share builds for other animals.

So far I have finished the background and am now waiting on NEHERP in the mail. Here are the pics!

From the pictures you can see where i used silicone to glue down the background, the nails are where i drilled in the wood.
I attached the images!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (94.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (93.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg c.jpg (93.5 KB, 88 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2016, 02:22 AM

Default Re: My Log to First Vivarium

Looking well so far, it's also nice to see a viv for a crestie or other herp on this forum once in a while
Old 04-06-2016, 02:18 AM

Looks nice! While it might not be for frogs, I think that background would be a good start for frogs, in case you change your mind on what you want to put in it =D

Old 04-06-2016, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillerVB View Post
Hello, This is a progress of the viv I am making for my Crested Gecko. I know this website is mainly darts, but I wasn't sure if you couldn't share builds for other animals.

So far I have finished the background and am now waiting on NEHERP in the mail. Here are the pics!

From the pictures you can see where i used silicone to glue down the background, the nails are where i drilled in the wood.
I attached the images!
So... the cork is for the crestie to hide in, or as planters? Also what morph is your crestie? I've seen some really beautiful geckos out there recently.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
So... the cork is for the crestie to hide in, or as planters? Also what morph is your crestie? I've seen some really beautiful geckos out there recently.
I Am using them all as planters, most likely, maybe one as a hide, but due to space probably not. Also he isn't anything special yet. He used to be just a very dull brown but is gaining more and more oranges and reds while fired up with age. I am a little disappointed that I didn't get a fancy morph, but I love him to death. I actually got him from Reptile Rapture since their store is somewhat close to me, you might have seen their ads before on fauna classified. I will upload pics of him soon!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:42 PM

In my experience with Rhac. geckos the cresteds, leachies, and chahouas all prefer vertically-oriented hides to horizontal. I would probably add in another tall cork tube which you will likely see him spending much of the day in (they are primarily nocturnal). I don't even necessarily build these tubes into the background, just lean them in such a way they are not likely to fall over and damage the gecko or other tank components when the lizards are exploring the tank at night.
They are a lot of fun though, regardless of their morph - great personalities on many in my collection. My favorite are my Chahouas.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:12 PM

Above or even a heavily sheltered area at the side of the tank where they can stick vertically is fine too, although a cork tube looks more natural

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquentidiot View Post
In my experience with Rhac. geckos the cresteds, leachies, and chahouas all prefer vertically-oriented hides to horizontal. I would probably add in another tall cork tube which you will likely see him spending much of the day in (they are primarily nocturnal). I don't even necessarily build these tubes into the background, just lean them in such a way they are not likely to fall over and damage the gecko or other tank components when the lizards are exploring the tank at night.
They are a lot of fun though, regardless of their morph - great personalities on many in my collection. My favorite are my Chahouas.
I actually have a vertical one I used in his setup, but he generally prefers his magnatural. i will have enough hides for the guy once everything comes though no worries! I will find a way to incorporate his cork round into the viv, maybe he will prefer it with the new setup. Also I would love to own a leachie! The price tag is just out of reach for me right now sadly.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:21 PM

Yeah, I think a lot more of us would own a leachie if not for the price
Old 04-23-2016, 02:20 AM

Here is a pic, I finally finished setting up the tank for my crestie, now I am waiting to put him in. Most say to wait awhile so the plants root before being trampled on. Do you recommend waiting? Also tell me what you think of the tank!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tank.jpg (97.6 KB, 72 views)
Old 04-23-2016, 11:13 PM

Nice! Your crestie is going to live it. I'd definitely suggest waiting at least a month (if not two or three times that much) before adding your crestie so they can develop a good root system to withstand being crushed.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:24 PM

Looks amazing I'd maybe try add a couple of branches for more climbing space

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2016, 04:38 AM

note, this is just the plants, i will have magnetic ledges and etc for him so no worries

Tags
build, crested gecko, log, vivarium