Go Back   Dendroboard > Vivariums > Parts & Construction
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 03:21 AM

Default My First Vivarium (with pics)

Well, I have been working on this for quite some time. It all satrted when I took my family to a pet store and my daughter saw a few PDF's. So after doing some research I decided to jump feet first. I ordered my supplies and got to work.

I started out with an Exo 18 X 18 X 24, just because I liked the doors on the front. I didn't take many pictures during the construction phase because of limited time and honestly I just wanted to get it done. It does have a false bottom.

This is a picture of the stand and the viv. I still have to build the top to it. Since Exo still has yet to release the light fixture that actually goes with this.

Here is a picture of the water feature. It is a small water fall powered by a micro-jet. I like the small stream that leads to the small pond at the front of the tank.

Here is a picture of the right side. This is the section that is a false back of sorts. The micro-jet is behind this side with all the tubing.

Here is a picture of the tank now that it is planted. The tropicals all came from Josh's Frogs and the broms came from Antoine. Both places offered fantastic service. I still am wanting to get some type of moss for the bottom on the right side.

Here are a few close ups of the inside.

This is a shot looking into the tank from the right side. This is the side that I see easiest from my chair.

I did place some glass of the top to help keep moisture in and the temp up. I have kept the tank in the low 70's and the humidity is an average of 85%.

This will be the home to some powder blues that I should be recieving soon. I am looking foward to fill ing this viv. Any comments or questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2007, 05:23 AM

Nice job there Bulldogfish for your 1st viv. I'm jealous you got a staghorn fern in there, nice. I'm trying to find one in local greehouses. Get your fly cultures going and get ready for some frogs. Your daughter and the powder blues will all be happy. Any plans for a second going thru your mind? Enjoy
Old 06-01-2007, 06:05 AM

Thanks charga!

I actually owe a lot to you for this viv. I read a lot of your posts to help me along the way.

I do have an idea for one already. It is going to be smaller, a 10 gallon aquarium but am really looking foward to it. I know that I wont be able to get as many plants in it though.

I love the staghorn, I got it through Josh's.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:13 PM

You're welcome, I'm glad that any information that I have shown has helped in the smallest part to make a viv an easy build. Have fun with the next one and keep us posted.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:17 PM

Very nice! 8)