Dendroboard banner

125G - 1st time build ( go big or go home )

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  JoshsDragonz 
#1 ·
Well, first I'll start by saying this isn't my 1st build but my 1st build got so messed up I never finished..It now houses some plants until I have the will to dismantle it. This will be a semi slow build for the first couple of weeks but I wanted to start my thread as I just lugged this massive piece of hell up a 100ft hill at a 70 degree incline in the dark with my girlfriend...She hates me now.
I'll post pictures as I got but first things first here is the center piece...(I'll be cutting it in half to have each half at each end of the tank to give it a forest type feel.

Wish me luck as I'm starting to think I'm in over my head...only time will tell in this one.

See less See more
#8 ·
Okay took some quick Iphone shots

This is the first tank I did, nothing fancy when It comes to the tank nor the plants.

Beer bottle so you can see the size, It's a nice size and will obviously..hopefully be a show tank when all is said and done.

#10 ·
Alrighty so the trunk is insanely to big, so my wonderful girlfriend had a good idea of just taking off the limbs and using those so we did and it worked out nicely.

Now my biggest issue is lighting would anyone have any suggestions..its 60inches long i would really love a 60inch light or 2 reasonably priced solid units for each side..im really at a loss here, this is the biggest issue holding this project back! help me pleaseee <3<3

#11 ·
Well, I currently have a 40" bar from Mike at Simple LED lighting systems.
I think I remember him once saying he'll do custom work but I honestly can't remember.

He also does other systems that may fit your needs.

His site is Home - Simple LED Lighting Systems LLC
His facebook is https://www.facebook.com/SimpleLEDLightingSystemsLLC
And his profile here is http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members/simpleledlightingsystems.html

Good luck with your search.

-A different Mike

Now my biggest issue is lighting would anyone have any suggestions..its 60inches long i would really love a 60inch light or 2 reasonably priced solid units for each side..im really at a loss here, this is the biggest issue holding this project back! help me pleaseee <3<3

#14 ·
The 8 bulb honestly will be over kill. On my 180 I have a real nice 4'/ 4 bulb T5HO and I have to cycle from two bulbs on most of the day and have all 4 on for a few hours. I used to try all 4 and it started to burn certain plants. Shoot me a pm and I can give you the info for my lighting unit. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.