Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Dendroboard

Dendroboard (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/)
-   Oophaga (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/oophaga/)
-   -   O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/oophaga/94716-o-pumilio-solarte-froglet.html)

Beeguy123 04-13-2013 12:55 AM

O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Figured I should show one of my froglets that just came out of the water yesterday! The pair has 3 other tads in broms right now so I'm elated!

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...psd212fd98.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...psa8289eb5.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3aad76d2.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...ps56500595.jpg

sarasmiles 04-13-2013 01:01 AM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Congrats! Nice looking froglet.

froggies3 04-13-2013 01:57 AM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
You always get a great feeling when you find new froglet, no matter how many you have.

TheCoop 04-13-2013 05:14 AM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Congrats! Very exciting isnt it!

cbreon 04-13-2013 03:58 PM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeguy123 (Post 836296)
Figured I should show one of my froglets that just came out of the water yesterday! The pair has 3 other tads in broms right now so I'm elated!

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...psd212fd98.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...psa8289eb5.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3aad76d2.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...ps56500595.jpg

Awesome, congrats, get some springtails in there, those guys will be very hungry a day or two after they emerge......

Beeguy123 04-13-2013 06:54 PM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Thanks for all the great comments guys. It definitely is exciting to find new froglets even though I've had tons morph out in the past 1.5 years(not pumilio though). It definitely does not get old! It looks like this little guy should have an interesting pattern, hopefully like his dad, but we'll see. I've put a good amount of springtails in his container and I have ordered calcium gluconate to supplement his calcium needs for the first couple of months before he can eat dusted fruit flies. Is there anything else I should do or get for the froglet?

-Arthur Garnica

tclipse 05-05-2013 04:05 PM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Great to see someone else having success with these, doesn't seem like there are a ton of us. Congrats!

rigel10 05-05-2013 05:46 PM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
I have some Solarte tadpole in viv. I hope to have soon some froglet. Congrats to you! How to use calcium gluconate?

Beeguy123 05-05-2013 09:28 PM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Thanks guys. As for the calcium gluconate, I add a drop of it on the back of each froglet once every week.

Beeguy123 05-05-2013 09:34 PM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Here's another pic of a froglet in the parent's tank.
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...psd8849847.jpg

rigel10 05-05-2013 10:45 PM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Thanks, I did not konw this. Do you mix or dilute calcium gluconate with water?

cbreon 05-05-2013 10:59 PM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeguy123 (Post 836484)
Thanks for all the great comments guys. It definitely is exciting to find new froglets even though I've had tons morph out in the past 1.5 years(not pumilio though). It definitely does not get old! It looks like this little guy should have an interesting pattern, hopefully like his dad, but we'll see. I've put a good amount of springtails in his container and I have ordered calcium gluconate to supplement his calcium needs for the first couple of months before he can eat dusted fruit flies. Is there anything else I should do or get for the froglet?

-Arthur Garnica

with the supplements available these days and plenty of microfauna you don't really need calcium gluconate. I have produced a lot of pumilio froglets over the last two years without it.

Beeguy123 05-06-2013 12:41 AM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
I use calcium gluconate because I do not add calcium bearing substrates, e.g. clay, to my vivs. Although I do dust my flies at every feeding, the froglets can't consume them until they are at least a couple of months old. Thus, they'd have no source of calcium if I did not add the drops weekly and up to this day, all of my pum froglets have been raised in this matter and look great.

cbreon 05-06-2013 01:27 PM

Re: O. Pumilio Solarte Froglet
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeguy123 (Post 843510)
I use calcium gluconate because I do not add calcium bearing substrates, e.g. clay, to my vivs. Although I do dust my flies at every feeding, the froglets can't consume them until they are at least a couple of months old. Thus, they'd have no source of calcium if I did not add the drops weekly and up to this day, all of my pum froglets have been raised in this matter and look great.

Well, like many things in this hobby, its whatever works for you. However, I do not use calcium enriched soil or the gluconate, or anything else other then lots of sprintails and some isos and some occasional dusted ff's. Another way you could introduce calcium earlier would be to dust the springtails, although I don't do this either. Just something for your consideration...

Enjoy your froglets!


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.