Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bendick2112
  • 1 Post By R1ch13

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 PM

Default What happened to my basti-order?

Hi everyone

Ok, im new with pums, but have been reading a lot about them. I ordered some different locations from german(european frogger..) and a friend picked them up for me. I ordered 1.1. bastimentos, and i know they shouldnt look like this, but i just have to be very safe. The seller is a quite famous, "everyone knows" who he is because he has his own online shop and uses to go to the big fairs. Therefor im quite shocked that i got this, both animals are fine but i dont really think the orange one is a basti.. What location could it be, nancy or something? I guess i also have to seperate those two?

And the real basti(he is grey-ish)

Thanks for answers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Mod

Default Re: What happened to my basti-order?

It is hard to see the attached pictures because of their size. Is there any way you can provide larger photos?
Old 09-18-2013, 05:50 PM

Yeah i see that..Please see these links:
View image: IMG 1394
View image: IMG 1395
Regards!
JPccusa likes this.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:51 PM

Although its not a 100% accurate way to ID Bastis. Bastis will almost always have a white underside.

You first pic almost looks a little like it might be an 'El Dorado', but its hard to make a positive ID just from how the frog looks. Nancy/Solarte are normally have a smaller adult size than bastis. They also usually have white feet. 'El Dorado' are often a little larger than bastis, if that helps you at all.

Last edited by phender; 09-18-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:57 PM

Ill linked bigger pictures now. This one has the same color everywhere, and no white belly. The seller said that it was supposed to be like this, but i have to be 100% sure, because it should be 1.1.
Thanks
Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 PM

I am fairly confident I know who you purchased these from...

Looking at the frog in question and referencing his recent stock lists I would say you have been "mistakenly" given a Bribri.

Regards,
Richie
Old 09-18-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendick2112 View Post
Ill linked bigger pictures now. This one has the same color everywhere, and no white belly. The seller said that it was supposed to be like this, but i have to be 100% sure, because it should be 1.1.
Thanks
It is 100% not a Basti, so you can be sure.

Good luck!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:09 PM

The orange one, i think it was supposed to be the female(but not sure) is a little bigger than the basti, and a little too big to be "just the female"... I think they both are grown ups but i cant be sure, so that leaves the solarte/nancy thought away, and el dorado seems more likely.
I dont think its a bribri, ive purchased a pair of bribri and they have complete different patterns.

It was no mistake, my friend stopped him and asked "are they supposed to be so different?" and he replyed "yes" .. If the case is what it seems to, its quite rotten to do it, when we are convinced that its 1.1. bastis.
Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited by bendick2112; 09-18-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:21 PM

The orangish one is very likely a Rio Teribe or possibly Vulture Point or Eldorado, mine Teribes looked exactly like yours, they are larger and mine were bold. Looking at those 2 frogs I would say you have a better chance winning the lottery then them both being a Basti.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:28 PM

She/he is actually very bold too, and maybe something like a centimeter bigger than the real basti. But do the real basti looks good? Ive never seen so grey-ish bastis before, specially the backlegs.
It really sucked, buying a proven basti pair, but yeah.. Thanks !
Ill post some better photo of her soon, she is quite shy, but its important to find out which location she is!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Mod

If the seller thinks it is a basti, I doubt you will ever know for sure which location it is.
Sounds like a messy/careless seller. Please try to resolve the issue and post a Vendor Feedback afterwards.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:42 PM

I doubt i ever get a answear on it, because ive asked two times now, without answer..
I will see what i find out and then come back!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:44 PM

Hello Bendick,

If I am in fact correctly guessing the seller (will confirm with you via pm if you wish) he has recently only had the following Pumilio morphs for sale - Nancy/Solarte, Bribri and Bastimentos.

The only reason I suggest the frog is Bribri is simply because this is the locale it best matches from what the seller currently has to offer.

Mark is right, the frog does look a lot like a Teribe but this seller has not stocked that particular Pumilio in recent months from what I can see.

You are completely right, if he is adamant this is a pair of Bastimentos then he is playing an absolute downright rotten game as you say! But this being said, I am not at all surprised...

Regards,
Richie
Bcs TX likes this.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 PM

Yepp.
He also has some others that is not on the site, the bribri pair from him does not look like this one.. But maybe they have a vide variety of patterns and colors, the bribri pair of mine has the same pattern as some sylvaticas i think.
It is a shame that people play tricks like this, for what he could have known, i could have been breeding these( i bet they would, if theres 1.1...?) i do not have any former experience with him, but now i know..
Best regards
B
Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 PM

It seems like seller is determined that the orange one is a basti too, i now dont know who i should trust.. Anyways, i got a offer of changing my pair at the next big fair, so im going for that, although its a loong time too. I will come back with updates!
Thanks for all help guys, i know where i should go if something needs an answer!
Regards
Old 09-24-2013, 04:44 AM
Contributing Member

It can be hard to say for sure without all of the information about where it was collected.. Even then, who knows?

The following post was taken from an earlier thread on bastimentos. The author of the this post knows quite a bit more about them than I do. If you want to read the rest of the thread this post came from there is a link in the upper right corner of the post I linked here. http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/792733-post39.html

The point being that appearances can be deceiving. I still don't think you have a basti, but I am surely the least qualified person to answer that. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:36 PM

Thanks.

Ive talked to the seller, and asked what she really is(she is a she). And i get the only answer "she is a bastimentos. Someone are just red, with no white belly". I have also heard that its not a course that bastis have white belly/foot, only salt creek, i do not know if this is correct. Is it proper to let these 2, that the seller means is a basti, go together? I mean, if i end up with froglets thats not bastimentos, the seller can be in quite big problems. Is it ok to wait and find out, because maybe the only way to find out is to look on future offspring?
-B
Old 09-26-2013, 08:34 PM

lol bs.

I have owned several Bastis so far and ALL of them had white bellies!

Just check Dutch Rana or other big sellers to see what bastis look like.

Mister "I sell completely red bastis" should make this public since he would be the first one with these totally red-only bastis!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:47 PM

I saw a yellow basti that didn't have a white belly. I was not able to get a good enough look to see if there were any white dots further down, but the throat and everything I could see was yellow. There were several others of various colors at the same table that just had bits and pieces of white . That is why in my original post in this thread I said they almost always have a white belly.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:03 PM

the thing is that I saw the pictures that the seller had on his site before selling the Basti pair.

the pictures used were those of black-dotted, red bastis with white feet and white bellies..
Old 09-28-2013, 02:43 PM

No Bastimentos for me. You can ask the seller the origins of the frog, where it comes from to determine if this your frog is atypical, even if born to parents who are Bastis to 100%. Why the seller is so confident that she is a Bastis? Where does this certainty?
Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 PM

I dont think its bastimentos either, im 99% sure its a bribri, the feets are very dark/black ish- and looks like the bribris i already have. Ive asked, but its just "self-produced bastimentos".. I can see if i get some new photos, so maybe we can find out what it is. But as asked, will these 2 mate ? The bast male calls now, and i dont want to have mixed-babyz..
Thanks!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:40 PM

Yes they will mix. They are both pumilo. It would be no different then two tincs.

Blackjeans/Siquirres
The Following User Says Thank You to VenomR00 For This Useful Post:
bendick2112 (10-10-2013)