MADS Meeting - Page 2 - Dendroboard
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > Regional Group & Event Announcements > NorthEast
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 06:07 PM

Default Re: MADS Meeting

I have not used the questionable practice raising pum tads. Just wanted that to be clear. I know you were not accusing just did not beaten up ahhh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 06:32 PM

Is anyone interested in insulated cork sheets. I can also get cork tubes as small or big as wanted. The sheets make a great background and are very easy.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoy View Post
Is anyone interested in insulated cork sheets. I can also get cork tubes as small or big as wanted. The sheets make a great background and are very easy.
I am very interested in the sheets, but likely not by the time of the meet. Could you bring a sample so I can see it?

Old 05-22-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
I have not used the questionable practice raising pum tads. Just wanted that to be clear. I know you were not accusing just did not beaten up ahhh.
Glad you realized that! I never considered that you might think that, whew! Sorry
Old 05-22-2013, 07:41 PM

First off, will anyone or could anyone have any Tree Frogs at this Mads meeting? I'm fairly certain I will be at this meeting. I currently have 8 WTF's, actually 2 groups of 4 each 3.1 i believe.

I am looking to raise Amazon Milky's and Mossy's as well. I know I have spoken with Jeremy Huff about some of these at a past Hamburg show. If anyone has anything let me know.

Also, I have an army of Tadpoles currently fortifying the Frog Room.
Species: Green & Bronze Auratus (some froglets have morphed in extreme green and some in turquoise)
Line: Saurian
Qty: 10+

Species: Azureus
Line: Nabors/Menigoz
Qty: 7

Species: Cobalt
Line: Nabors
Qty: 8

The Cobalt and Azureus tadpoles listed above are HUGE. You can tell that their parents are big frogs. They will definitely morph out some big froglets. I figure that since this is "private" meeting aka less hectic than Big Shows, tads shouldn't be a problem to bring. I am currently looking for any other Tinc or Auratus Tadpoles that you guys have available. We all know tadpoles are a nice cheap method of getting some new or additional frogs for our addiction. If you have any tads you'd be interested in trading shoot me a pm I normally check DB 2-3 times a day.

I am really looking forward to this meeting it will be my first one so I'm excited to meet some new people and see some amazing animals.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyHuff View Post
I am very interested in the sheets, but likely not by the time of the meet. Could you bring a sample so I can see it?
No problem.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhu659982 View Post
First off, will anyone or could anyone have any Tree Frogs at this Mads meeting? I'm fairly certain I will be at this meeting. I currently have 8 WTF's, actually 2 groups of 4 each 3.1 i believe.

I am looking to raise Amazon Milky's and Mossy's as well. I know I have spoken with Jeremy Huff about some of these at a past Hamburg show. If anyone has anything let me know.

Also, I have an army of Tadpoles currently fortifying the Frog Room.
Species: Green & Bronze Auratus (some froglets have morphed in extreme green and some in turquoise)
Line: Saurian
Qty: 10+

Species: Azureus
Line: Nabors/Menigoz
Qty: 7

Species: Cobalt
Line: Nabors
Qty: 8

The Cobalt and Azureus tadpoles listed above are HUGE. You can tell that their parents are big frogs. They will definitely morph out some big froglets. I figure that since this is "private" meeting aka less hectic than Big Shows, tads shouldn't be a problem to bring. I am currently looking for any other Tinc or Auratus Tadpoles that you guys have available. We all know tadpoles are a nice cheap method of getting some new or additional frogs for our addiction. If you have any tads you'd be interested in trading shoot me a pm I normally check DB 2-3 times a day.

I am really looking forward to this meeting it will be my first one so I'm excited to meet some new people and see some amazing animals.

8 months is way too long for cobalt and azureus to morph,is that the correct dates on the tads?

I have 2 Boophis madagascariensis (giant dagger tree frogs) if you're interested

Last edited by oddlot; 05-22-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:08 PM

Does anyone have a proven female standard leucomela they are willing to part with? PM me with details and price please.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:35 AM

If I come some how I will have Varadero, Lecus, and LEDs
Old 05-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
Does anyone have a proven female standard leucomela they are willing to part with? PM me with details and price please.
I have a proven pair that I would consider,but I don't want to break up the happy couple.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:22 AM

isn't Hamburg Saturday and this meet Sunday. going to be a long weekend if one vendors at Hamburg and sells at this meet.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzenko View Post
isn't Hamburg Saturday and this meet Sunday. going to be a long weekend if one vendors at Hamburg and sells at this meet.

Yes it will....especially when stuck in Atlantic city wed to Friday.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlot View Post
8 months is way too long for cobalt and azureus to morph,is that the correct dates on the tads?

I have 2 Boophis madagascariensis (giant dagger tree frogs) if you're interested

Yeah I thought about that as well. But could it be that since they are bigger it may take them longer to progress through the stages? I mean I have noticed compared to my Green and Bronze they take an additional week or two at least to absorb their tail. Either way they are all healthy and voracious little buggers.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah I thought about that as well. But could it be that since they are bigger it may take them longer to progress through the stages? I mean I have noticed compared to my Green and Bronze they take an additional week or two at least to absorb their tail. Either way they are all healthy and voracious little buggers.
I agree, that is a very long time for tinc tads. I did experience slower growth over the winter due to temperatures, but winter doesn't last that long. What temps are you keeping them at? If you don't have temps in the 70s, I would suggest some type of heated set up.

I just finished building a tadpole incubator cabinet so that I don't have to deal with cold temps next winter. This thing is huge.....I just need to experiment with temps to determine how I will heat it. It is also going to be a space saver as well. But depending on quantity and your need, will determine what route best suits you.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydumname View Post
I agree, that is a very long time for tinc tads. I did experience slower growth over the winter due to temperatures, but winter doesn't last that long. What temps are you keeping them at? If you don't have temps in the 70s, I would suggest some type of heated set up.

I just finished building a tadpole incubator cabinet so that I don't have to deal with cold temps next winter. This thing is huge.....I just need to experiment with temps to determine how I will heat it. It is also going to be a space saver as well. But depending on quantity and your need, will determine what route best suits you.
I keep my tads at a solid 73-75 degree level. The cobalt and azureus were given to me from another person w/in the hobby. I know that he was getting out of the hobby so it could be possible that he didn't keep them at a constant higher temp. The tads from my G/Bronze pair normally only take about 2-3 months at the most. So I know that my temps, feeding, partial water changes are working (I know everyone does it a little different).

I actually just had a Cobalt tad with a cup labeled 10/22 start hanging on the side of his cup so placed the cup in the Grow-out. He seems to be doing well still has a little bit of a tail but he is close to being OOTW completely.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I keep my tads at a solid 73-75 degree level. The cobalt and azureus were given to me from another person w/in the hobby. I know that he was getting out of the hobby so it could be possible that he didn't keep them at a constant higher temp. The tads from my G/Bronze pair normally only take about 2-3 months at the most. So I know that my temps, feeding, partial water changes are working (I know everyone does it a little different).

I actually just had a Cobalt tad with a cup labeled 10/22 start hanging on the side of his cup so placed the cup in the Grow-out. He seems to be doing well still has a little bit of a tail but he is close to being OOTW completely.
Interesting. The auratus morphing time seems on par with the right temps. My tincs tend to be closer to the 3-3.5. Interesting that the delayed ones are from someone else. I had tads that came with the adult frogs before....not one morphed. But had no issues at all morphing the tads I got from them once in my possession. Did nothing different.

Sounds like they will still morph for you though.

Anyway....back to discussion on the meet....I plan to be there +1
Old 05-23-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlot View Post
I have a proven pair that I would consider,but I don't want to break up the happy couple.
I've got a bunch of boys but not much room.. I got a few offers for a pair... Thanks Lou but,

I'm going to try to hold out for a lonely lady.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
I've got a bunch of boys but not much room.. I got a few offers for a pair... Thanks Lou but,

I'm going to try to hold out for a lonely lady.
Katrina I have several adults, just no idea on sexes. If I figure them out and have extra, I'll get you a female.
Gnarly likes this.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:24 PM

Also looking to pick up tads even if no one is interested in mine. If you have some extras that you'd be okay selling let me know. I would buy 4-5 tads of each breed so if you are swamped with tads I can help! No preference as to what breeds. Just looking to possibly add some new members the frog force.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:41 PM

I'd like to make this, not sure if I'll be able to. If I can, and I won't know until either that day or a couple days before, I'll be driving in from Brooklyn and willing to carpool.
B-NICE likes this.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:29 PM
TWI/ASN

Sexed pair of black jeans available these guys are 14-16 months old $450 for the pair

Female

Male

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/ven...340-julio.html
Old 05-30-2013, 01:32 AM

Is there anyone going that may be willing to trade some tads of really any kind of dart that I don't already have for si tads? Tads are ggazonas line.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:18 PM

Oh I forgot to add I am interested in any plants cuttings that people may have for sale? Especially vines and ground covers! Also interested in any odd feeders and iso's. I have whites, purples, and gray stipes, bean beetles, flower beetles and tropical springs. Any different fruit flies I am interested in as well other then hydei, golden hydei, melanos, and Turkish gliders. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Keister; 05-30-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:05 AM

Any one have or can get me a tree stump?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:47 AM

With my recently acquired very thin ole Marie's I am looking to get termites because I have heard that they are very good for thin and breeding frogs because of their high fat content? So anyone who can spare a culture or two will absolutely be a life saver! Just let me know how much they are so I can bring money for them! Thankyou in advance Luke Keister
Old 05-31-2013, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keister View Post
With my recently acquired very thin ole Marie's I am looking to get termites because I have heard that they are very good for thin and breeding frogs because of their high fat content? So anyone who can spare a culture or two will absolutely be a life saver! Just let me know how much they are so I can bring money for them! Thankyou in advance Luke Keister
I don't have termites, but I am rearing lesser wax worms which are very good at fattening up animals.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyHuff View Post
I don't have termites, but I am rearing lesser wax worms which are very good at fattening up animals.
Alright sign me up! How much did you want for a culture?
Old 05-31-2013, 04:29 AM

give them fly maggots. that will also help with getting weight on them.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:59 AM

I bet thos are fun to culture.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Frogger View Post
Any one have or can get me a tree stump?
How big of a tree stump?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:01 AM
Mod

The Cristo male,Bribri froglet and northern variabillis are spoken for.I still have an eldorado male up for grabs and the leopard geckos,giant dagger frogs,and female bufo guttatus(smooth side toad).I will post any other availabilities as we get closer to the meet.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 PM

I'd like to stop by and check the meeting out- I've never attended one besides the Hamburg show. I have an abundance of luec froglets (30x), 10x azureus froglets, and a probable pair of luec adults (2 yrs old), as well as 7x azureus tads if anybody is interested. Also have a proven pair of veraderos.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:14 AM
TWI/ASN

My address is

232 Wyncote Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046

I live close to where Martins aquarium use to be off 611/ old your road

I like frogs with flash marks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ggazonas For This Useful Post:
bobrez (06-03-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Mod

Looks like I may make this one for a couple hours after all...

George, still planning on starting around noon?

Also, if anyone has a female Southern variabilis they'd be willing to part with... you would make me very happy I have an extra male I could trade (as well as some other stuff) or I could buy it outright.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:23 PM

I should have a number of micro mini orchid cuttings available for this meeting...Just need to see what I can divide up. Please send me a PM if interested, and I will send you the list when I see what I can cut up before the show.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:47 PM
TWI/ASN

Quote:
Originally Posted by carola1155 View Post
Looks like I may make this one for a couple hours after all...

George, still planning on starting around noon?

Also, if anyone has a female Southern variabilis they'd be willing to part with... you would make me very happy I have an extra male I could trade (as well as some other stuff) or I could buy it outright.
yeah noon works

I like frogs with flash marks.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:25 PM

If Jacobi comes, I will be there with some Lecus, varadero, and LEDs..
Old 06-04-2013, 07:03 PM

If anyone is interested I have a sexed pair of Surinam cobalts that I would be willing to trade for other frogs? Let me know what you have!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 PM

I'd like to try and make it if it's ok.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:30 PM

Is anyone from Queens coming? I will have to leave the meet around 3 to deliver a couple snakes. 2 hour ride for me. Any volunteers? Haha