Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Dendroboard

Dendroboard (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/)
-   Newts & Salamanders (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/newts-salamanders/)
-   -   Green marbled newts (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/newts-salamanders/248250-green-marbled-newts.html)

Michael Shrom 08-05-2015 03:22 PM

Green marbled newts

3 Attachment(s)
Juvenile green marbled newts (Triturus marmoratus) kept on forest floor substrate. They are eating tiny earthworms, white worms, dwarf white isopods, springtails, chopped small earthworms, and fruit flies. They would do well on pinhead crickets too.

epiphytes etc. 08-05-2015 03:34 PM

Re: Green marbled newts

What is their care as far as cycling? I've never kept any caudates before, though I've been interested for a while.

Michael Shrom 08-05-2015 04:51 PM

These guys need to be on land as juveniles. Adults go to water during breeding season. Juveniles are best kept in a small terrestrial set up. I keep my adults in a viquarium where they can switch from land to water at the correct time. The juveniles in the picture are ones I got from a friend.

The most important things are keep them cool and feed them appropriate sized live food.

roilciuc 06-16-2016 04:11 PM

What is a good resource for care data? How much would one of these cost?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

blackmudpuppy 08-02-2017 04:55 PM

I recently bought 4 of these from Michael and they are awesome and doing great.

Eloquentidiot 08-03-2017 04:30 AM

These little guys look pretty awesome and it seems slugs can be a part of their diet. Do you think they could be an alternative option for clearing a tank of a slug infestation - as opposed to CO2-bombing?
Do the adults require a water feature beyond a bowl of fresh water or is it just for breeding purposes?
Would it be beneficial to have a fan to help with circulation assuming you keep the humidity level high?

- Paul

Michael Shrom 08-03-2017 04:44 AM

I know people have kept them in dart frog type setups in the past. I think it stunts their growth. Juveniles need a terrestrial set up. Adults do best if kept aquatic part of the year. I've never fed them slugs.

Orbela 06-25-2018 04:30 AM

Green marbled newts

This newt looks really colorful, will look into them. Thanks for sharing, fyi I know the post is a year old but still awesome looking newts need to reply