Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dizzy Olde pharte
  • 1 Post By ofc175
  • 1 Post By Tijl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2019, 05:55 PM

Talking Newby from UK

Hello,

I'm an older woman who lives in the UK. I have kept and bred various species of snakes in the past, but this is my first foray into keeping dendro's.

I currently have 2 18x18x30cm exo terra's and 2 30cm cubes.

Cheyenne
scrumpydc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Newby from UK

Good luck, this place has a plethora of info to help ya, use the search function for any questions and is you can't find it there, ask and these people will help

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Dizzy Olde pharte likes this.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:12 PM

Thanks..... have spent most of the last few weeks reading, and now feel as though my eyes are ready to bleed!

Old 07-31-2019, 03:49 PM

Welcome!

You are not going to use those small exoterra's for frogs right?
Reece93 likes this.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:37 AM

Sorry.... been in hosp for a few weeks, and only just made my escape.

Just read back what I put in earlier post.... guess I better use our English old money styleeee that I am more conversant with rather than the euro equivalents... as I confuse the two summat dreadful!

My thinking was the 12 inch exo cubes would be made ready for quarantine purposes should I ever need them, the two 18 by 18 inch wide by 24 inch high exo terra's are for keeping hopefully two of the smaller species I was thinking.

I also have a what looks to be approx. 26 inches or so wide by about 14 inches deep and about 18 inches high exo terra sat in front of me that I am contemplating what I could put in that also. (However, it may just be that this is also the same as the two above, but its base is longer and it is shorter, so maybe the same size as the others, but turned sidewards)??

I have also had my husband get some of my old aquariums out of the sheds for me whilst I've been shut away and they are currently under the veranda across the back of my house. I used to keep a whites tree frog in one that I made a mesh lid for. I have asked him to stick it in the old outside bath that I also have stuck in the garden so I can hose it off a few hundred times and also leave it in bleach water for a day or so before giving it a good few baths again.

I would very much like to purchase a couple of blue jeans (sorry, too worn out to get my head around the proper names very easily just now... that will take a while to get into my thick skull) but from what I think I remember, are they the tinctorius type?

Also would like a couple of the bumble bee type - think may be leucamelas??

and as a third type would very much like a couple of azureus also... beautiful shade of green with black?? (Shiny, my precious)…..

I have masses of wood from my own garden as well as java wood and other larger pieces I have bought over the years that I could perhaps cut down to utilise. Also a few bags of hydroleca that I use for my plants that have not been used up yet, so is still in its bag I purchased it a few years ago.

I thought once I sterilized all of this and then go out and buy the nice fancy hydroleca that is called something else - cos it's sold by pet shops, so they can charge more for it to go on top of the plain clay ball type hydrolecca.... and have already bought spider soil and ordered plants that I researched on dutch rana site (I think - sorry... think I only have half a brain cell functioning right now) - I may just have the beginnings of a couple of suitable terrariums that I can put together for maybe some of the little beauts I have mentioned above.

However, I am always well open to listen to the advice of others who have been successfully keeping dendro's for years and are willing to offer me their advice.

Once I have eventually got to bed tonight.... well, later on this morning (5:32am now here currently), I will spend a little time tomorrow pinning back me lug'oles, as they say in the Black Country which is where I happen to live..... all the better to listen to any advice you may wish to offer a poor old 'ooman (woman) who would very much like to have a few beauts to look at before me peepers fail me also.

Many thanks for listening to me blather.... tara a bit me luvvers
or fer them on ya oo dow spake as I dun.... farewell awhile, until later.

Cheyenne.

Last edited by Dizzy Olde pharte; 09-01-2019 at 04:41 AM.