Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2019, 05:06 AM

Smile Introduction

Hello there!

I have been a member of dendroboard for quite some time, but have just been reading all the forums people have posted. Now, I would like to showcase what I do more often, and thus, would like to become more involved in this site.

I have been keeping darts for a short time, coming at 6 years now. I've owned multiple species, but had to downsize two years ago and only kept a group of Azureus. Now, I'm getting back into things and will look forward to updating you all on my collection.

It will be great discussing with you all, and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Introduction

Welcome back! What are your setups like?
Old 07-08-2019, 07:08 PM

Welcome to posting in the forum! Be sure to take many pictures!

Old 07-09-2019, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingguy12345 View Post
Welcome back! What are your setups like?
Hey! Thanks for the welcome back! I keep all of my set ups bioactive, with many springs and isopods. As I only have azureus right now, I have tropical white springtails, Porcellio laevis "Orange" Isos, Trichoniscidae sp. "purple", and Porcellio scaber "Gray" (just the common iso). I haven't really dove into the isopod world too much, but coming back after a break, I really want to get into more species specific isopods with darts. I am currently planning another viv with hopefully some Armadillidium klugii "Montenegro" isos, springtails, and some Ranitomeya (either Fantastica "Varadero" or Benedicta "Pampa Hermosa"). Haven't fully decided, but when I do decide to start the build, I will take lots of pictures and maybe start a thread. What about you? What are your set ups like?
Old 07-09-2019, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinstrome View Post
Welcome to posting in the forum! Be sure to take many pictures!
Thank you! It is good to be back! And I will be sure to post lots of pictures once I start to expand my collection again, as well as start building a new vivarium.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcooper View Post
Hey! Thanks for the welcome back! I keep all of my set ups bioactive, with many springs and isopods. As I only have azureus right now, I have tropical white springtails, Porcellio laevis "Orange" Isos, Trichoniscidae sp. "purple", and Porcellio scaber "Gray" (just the common iso). I haven't really dove into the isopod world too much, but coming back after a break, I really want to get into more species specific isopods with darts. I am currently planning another viv with hopefully some Armadillidium klugii "Montenegro" isos, springtails, and some Ranitomeya (either Fantastica "Varadero" or Benedicta "Pampa Hermosa"). Haven't fully decided, but when I do decide to start the build, I will take lots of pictures and maybe start a thread. What about you? What are your set ups like?
That sounds like a fun idea with the isopods , I love my cleanup crews!

My one setup (the one I built) is pretty basic, D. auratus "microspot" and springtails, basic plants, etc.

My other setup (bought pre setup) has springtails and dwarf whites and Ranitomeya uakarii, and a nice planted look. I'm trying to do something similar for my next build.

I'm culturing P. laevis "dairy cow", A. maculatum "zebra" and Powder blue isopods but am just waiting for them to have enough to seed my tanks.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingguy12345 View Post
That sounds like a fun idea with the isopods , I love my cleanup crews!

My one setup (the one I built) is pretty basic, D. auratus "microspot" and springtails, basic plants, etc.

My other setup (bought pre setup) has springtails and dwarf whites and Ranitomeya uakarii, and a nice planted look. I'm trying to do something similar for my next build.

I'm culturing P. laevis "dairy cow", A. maculatum "zebra" and Powder blue isopods but am just waiting for them to have enough to seed my tanks.
Same! I feel like overall, the hobby has taken a turn to start to appreciate clean up crews a lot more lately! A. maculatum "zebra" is an isopod that I am actually really interested as well! They are one that I am definitely getting sometime in the future. I will probably do what you are doing, and try to just culture them to seed future tanks. those and A. klugii "Montenegro".

It is also funny how you mentioned Ranitomeya uakarii. Thats another species that I have been looking into as well, but the gold leg variation. I've also been seeing them pop up in facebook groups and mewe dart frog groups more commonly than previously, and I am in love with their coloration! I guess I have lots of time to think/ponder about what species to get though, as I haven't even gotten the supplies for their viv yet, but I am pretty set on a some sort of Ranitomeya.

Mentioning auratus as well, I totally miss my auratus. I just had the common Costa Rican Green and Black D. auratus, but they were truly incredible frogs. Bred like crazy for me as well. I just love the variation on darts! Probably what interested me so much in the first place. What plans do you have for your next build?