Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ubik.oni

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2019, 05:05 PM

Talking First Exo Terra Terrarium Build

Originally I received my enclosure with a crack along the bottom glass. The company shipped me a new one... that unfortunately had a cracked top... the company refunded my money because I refused to allow FedEx to break another one. So in the end, I received 2 broken terrariums for free. I repaired the one with a cracked top and proceeded with the build. I did the background using the ďgreat stuffĒ method and I think it turned out pretty well for my first attempt!
I havenít compiled a full plant species list yet, but Iíll put that together pretty soon. Iím letting this enclosure cycle and allowing the plants to acclimate before I start thinking about possible inhabitants, but from the looks of what Iíve done here, does anyone have any suggestions regarding possible dart frog species that would feel at home with what Iíve created?
Do_Gon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2019, 08:08 PM

Default Re: First Exo Terra Terrarium Build

Looks like a good start. What are the dimensions of the tank? That will help determine appropriate inhabitants.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanoid View Post
Looks like a good start. What are the dimensions of the tank? That will help determine appropriate inhabitants.
Sorry, thatís pretty important... itís an 18x18x24Ē enclosure.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik.oni View Post
Sorry, thatís pretty important... itís an 18x18x24Ē enclosure.
Those dimensions are very flexible in terms of what you can house. In the future I'd recommend selecting a frog species and designing your setup around them. But I'll give some possibilities for your setup.

If you wish to keep a group of frogs, a small group of thumbs would be a great option. They are smaller and most will make full use of the height of the tank, so overcrowding is less of a concern.

You could also house some of the larger more terrestrial darts such as tincs, terribilis, and bicolor. I would recommend keeping them in pairs in your setup since the ground space is of the greatest concern with these species IMO.

Small group of luecs or santa isabels would do great as well if you enjoy frogs that call.

Do your homework on the species, and good luck.