Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Rules & Community Messages > New Members Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2019, 06:31 PM

Default Hello all! I need help picking a species.

Hello everyone!

Im not exactly "new" to caring for our cold-blooded friends, but I do need some help with recommendations for my vivarium.

I am mostly a carnivorous plant grower, I grow nepenthes from the highland areas of the Indonesian mountain ranges. (that's not really important, but it does explain why my setup gets as cold as it does, these temps are basically non-negotiable for my plants to live)

The enclosure I would like to add some sort of reptile/amphibian to is a homemade 36"x24"x24" acrylic tank, Days stay in the 74-76 degree range and nights drop down to 56-61 degrees, humidity is almost always above 90%. Does anyone know of anything that would like it in the tank as is? I would prefer something that stays smaller around 2" or under.

P.S.

After going through some testing I found I can have 2 - 8" heated cork rounds that keep their internal temp at an almost constant 65-68, even during the full 55 degree night drop.

Thank you for any and all help!