Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rulty

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-18-2019, 04:08 PM

Arrow Hello! Taking care of Dart frogs for a friend

I was referred to come here from ******. I was going to post in the beginner forum but it looks like I have to post here first.

I will be taking taking care of Dart Frogs for a friend for a few days and I'll be going over to visit so they can go over their care but what questions should I ask when I go over to visit? I know sometimes I forget to mention things that are obvious to me but might not be for someone else so i'd like to be prepared. I do plan to read through the sticky beginner posts but I thought I could get some additional help for my situation here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2019, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Hello! Taking care of Dart frogs for a friend

I am new to this hobby, so I am mostly posting for updates to the thread but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I feel like the two main things are misting and feeding. Depending on how long they have had their tank setup (and if they have a water system already in place it should be pretty automated) they should have a misting schedule already and adhering to that should be just fine.

The second, feeding, is as simple as just asking them to show you. I feel like in this regard a visual of the amount these frogs eat is a better way to show someone, rather than saying 30-50 fruit flies every other day. Let's face it, are you really going to sit there and count the fruit flies, or go "Yeah that looks like what they showed me"
ethanp1900 likes this.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Hello! Taking care of Dart frogs for a friend

Rulty basically got two of the most important questions out. One I might ask is which supplement to use on what days as there are some you use every time you feed and some that you only use once a month.

They will probably show you the frogs if they are out but if they are super small ones (thumbnails) they usually have a tendency to be a bit jumpier than larger frogs so just keep that in mind.