Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2019, 10:58 PM

Default Temp/Humidity Monitoring

Howdy folks,

In my research for my first viv, I came across some arcticles on PumpkinBeth's website. She has very thorough articles about her various orchidariums from setup to monitoring to updates about overall tanks and the tools (technology) used in them.

In her orchidarium, she wrote that she monitors and records temp and humidity data. It may be the scientist in me, but when I came across this, I got very excited! The idea of monitoring and graphing the data and comparing it to plant/animal growth and health seems beneficial, in addition to it being fun. She explains her reasons in this article:

https://www.pumpkinbeth.com/2018/01/...ns-terrariums/

The technology she uses is the Wireless Sensor Tags. You can find their product information here:

Monitor and Find Everything from the Internet - Wireless Sensor Tags

To me, this seems totally worth the cost and use. Does anyone else monitor/track their data? If so, does anyone else have experience with this product or something similar? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2019, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Temp/Humidity Monitoring

Those look very interesting. Like pumpkinbeth, I have a BiOrbAir terrarium. I house my frogs in it (I also have a second one for orchids) and currently use a wired thermometer and occasional hygrometer to ensure everything is in line. I love the idea of a wireless device to monitor and track conditions. I may have to give this a shot!